I have a couple issues

zeigler86

Reaction score
First issue. Is I needed 4wd today. Turned knob it went in but front didn't spin or anything. I'm assuming the auto hub is junk. I didn't have the Allen with me to remove my center cap to turn the locking hub. This normal?

2nd. When my truck idles. Every like 30 to 60 seconds it makes like a dieseling sound then it's fine. No other issues with running other than that. Normal?

Motostroker

Reaction score
1st issue, check rubber lines going into hub assembly. They come from your vacuum pump, located on top of your fuse box under the hood. Check all the rubber hoses. The vacuum locks your hubs whenever you activate 4wd, but if they are dry rotted, ripped, etc. no more 4wd.....

2 issue......your fine. All 6.4s do it. It idles fine then it sounds like it "misses" or stalls for a quick second. My 6.4, and all my buddies 6.4s do it.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
My 4wd done the same thing. I went looking at all the lines, wiggling and etc and never found anything, but during the process of wiggling I must have fixed whatever its worked since

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I have noticed that idle concern is not present only on ONE calibration and its a specific Ford calibration. The rest of them have it.

Latest posts

Members online