I hurt my truck today, not sure what all happened

glass3222

Reaction score
I was going up a small hill today and think I blew the head gasket, but have other problems now too. At the bottom of the hill I came to a stop light and the truck was idling poorly. I pulled into a gas station and popped the hood, degas bottle puked, and engine oil dipstick popped up and steam was coming out. Drove home and parked it, took the oil fill cap off and took this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYN0MyrD8Yg

I have the following codes:
p0275
p0305

Do I have a bad injector or could it be worse? Or could this be related to the likely head gasket?

Seems to be running fine other than at idle. How much damage will I cause to continue to drive the truck, will be a few weeks until I will have to time to be without the truck.

Any input is appreciated

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
didnt watch video but would not ride around on a bad injector , to many bad things could end up happening that will cost you more in the long run .not sure who's studding it but we are a only a few hours from pa.

My09Ride

Reaction score
I'd say real fast, with out more. Let it sit.... Sounds like a head gasket. till I can research the codes.

glass3222

Reaction score
I'd say real fast, with out more. Let it sit.... Sounds like a head gasket. till I can research the codes.

Here is what my edge insight said:

P0275 INJ Cylinder #5 contribution/balance Power cylinder, valve train or injector
P0305 INJ Cylinder #5 misfire detected Mechanical engine failure

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Dayum that's some blowby,... And it's very in cadence with cylinder firing... She is hurt bad... I'd compress test #5

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
That's not good at all, looks very cracked pistony to me. Odd because 6.0s don't do that often!

swinky

Reaction score
Could be a copper washer blown but I doubt you'd be seeing that much blow by.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jake74

Reaction score
She's hurt on one hole. Every time I've seen blow by in time with one hole rather it be a cummins,7.3,etc it's almost always a hole down or going down.

glass3222

Reaction score
Well....my truck was hauled to a buddy's shop and was tore down. Found an injector nozzle dropped and put a hole in the piston. Also caused head gasket to blow into the oil galley.

2AC016AB-522A-4B92-8043-0B6965E8FDF1_zpsbe41otr6.jpg

The cylinder should be able to be honed and new piston and rings installed, need a new injector and the heads are going to be sent out to be magnafluxed, decked and oringed.

I guess it could have been worse.

Latest posts

Members online