I"m trying to fit my 467 onto my truck..

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
is the dog house just a cartridge with a filter or does it do anything else? other then swapping valve cover's can it be bypassed to another location kind of like the oil bypass filter's

what i think you mean,is the breather on the vc?

it separates oil from vapor,yes it can be moved. run it to where you want,but you will need a catch can,for oil.

why do you need to move it?

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I just swapped valve covers. quick and easy.
2012-01-05_19-46-53_753.jpg

You could always swap covers then do some cutting and welding to move the oil filler up front.

mattman347

Reaction score
Get a 5-4" reducer boot from the plumbing section! My CCV is still in tact and I can put oil in the truck with ease!!

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 165

V-Ref

Reaction score
is the dog house just a cartridge with a filter or does it do anything else? other then swapping valve cover's can it be bypassed to another location kind of like the oil bypass filter's

Ron,

Rotate the dog house so the outlet is pointing aft. Run a 4' piece heater hose to vent the gases overboard for now. After you get your turbo in you can research a better solution if you want.

Jake pointed me towards a 5.5 to 4 reducer from airflo.com

http://store.airflo.com/reinel90de5t1.html

Hope this helps.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I just swapped valve covers. quick and easy.
2012-01-05_19-46-53_753.jpg

You could always swap covers then do some cutting and welding to move the oil filler up front.

Same thing I did.

Its not to bad, Pull the intake tube and filter and pour it in. Alot nicer then trying to haggle a 5" intake in there or some 5-4 reducer.

Reaction score
thanks guy's

Ron,

Rotate the dog house so the outlet is pointing aft. Run a 4' piece heater hose to vent the gases overboard for now. After you get your turbo in you can research a better solution if you want.

Jake pointed me towards a 5.5 to 4 reducer from airflo.com

http://store.airflo.com/reinel90de5t1.html

Hope this helps.

my dog house is set up like that...the trouble I have is I'm using the TN T-4 kit ..the 90* is to sharp of a turn..I need a little less then a 45*... i might make this work
http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=55H4&Category_Code=RHH8
..I emailed the guy and he just responded back to me with measurements...

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
thanks guy's

my dog house is set up like that...the trouble I have is I'm using the TN T-4 kit ..the 90* is to sharp of a turn..I need a little less then a 45*... i might make this work
http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=55H4&Category_Code=RHH8
..I emailed the guy and he just responded back to me with measurements...

Ron

I'm running the TN kit now too. The 90 turn is too sharp on my truck too, but I made it work until I get a custom tube bent or figure something else out after the Alaska summer is over.

Turbo shows 1:1 Drive vs Boost up to 37-40 psi in a steady state...(in a tranisent state you can get Drive to overtake Boost prior). Above 40 psi boost, drive creeps over boost. Most I've pushed the turbo too 49-51 psi Boost and 56-57 psi drive. With my ZF6 truck unloaded, I see 2-4 psi on flat highway at 1000' MSL at 65 mph in 6th gear @ 1800 rpm and 550-625 deg EGT (Alaska ambient temps help here). 1800-1900 rpm and 800+ deg and she's ready to go. Great towing turbo too at this elevation, have pulled a 10k boat/trailer with it.

I write all that rambling about the turbo to motivate you to get it done and get your truck running with it. :fordoval:

Good luck!

Reaction score
Ron

I'm running the TN kit now too. The 90 turn is too sharp on my truck too, but I made it work until I get a custom tube bent or figure something else out after the Alaska summer is over.

Turbo shows 1:1 Drive vs Boost up to 37-40 psi in a steady state...(in a tranisent state you can get Drive to overtake Boost prior). Above 40 psi boost, drive creeps over boost. Most I've pushed the turbo too 49-51 psi Boost and 56-57 psi drive. With my ZF6 truck unloaded, I see 2-4 psi on flat highway at 1000' MSL at 65 mph in 6th gear @ 1800 rpm and 550-625 deg EGT (Alaska ambient temps help here). 1800-1900 rpm and 800+ deg and she's ready to go. Great towing turbo too at this elevation, have pulled a 10k boat/trailer with it.

I write all that rambling about the turbo to motivate you to get it done and get your truck running with it. :fordoval:

Good luck!

thanks.. I need to be motivated.. need cash too lol ..I like the ###'s... what sticks are you running?? any pictures of your set up??

We use a 5.5" rubber boot with a reducer in it. Slides on and flexes over the top of the ccv housing. Can get some better pictures of the setup as well. We will have boots in next week. They are built to order, just figures that I find a boot that works and they take 5 weeks to be built!
]

thanks Jake...would you please PM a price and let me know when they come in?? thank you

V-Ref

Reaction score
PHP:
thanks.. I need to be motivated.. need cash too lol ..I like the ###'s... what sticks are you running??

thanks Jake...would you please PM a price and let me know when they come in?? thank you

Unlimited 400cc/200% with secret squirrel fast fuel mods. Swamps HVHF IDM. Gearhead tunes on those numbers. Other tuning makes slightly higher numbers, but Gearhead fits my truck/use the best so far. The injs...they run hard...and then some! It's fun to drive!:rockon:

Jake-That looks like a very clean way to things with the S467...about the only way that the engine compartment could look better....is with another turbo!:D

P.S.- The tuning thing...its like beer. Shiner Bock vs. Yuengling vs. Sierra Nevada vs Bass vs Guinness and so on. They all are awesome. Just sayin. Look forward to hearing the impression of how your truck runs when your done and work the kinks out of it.

Reaction score
I'm getting excited ..almost the same mods..you have 85 cc more then I do and my IDM is DIY mod..I don't have the SRP1.1 yet so ill be putting the stock pump in for now... you running stock plenums?? it looks like I will be able to..

V-Ref

Reaction score
I ran my SRP 1.0 trouble free for 22k in temps from -35 to +75. It supported Unlimited 350cc/200% like a champ (worse case scenario of high icp/big PW tunes + low rpm=43% max dc I could get out of it). Only reason I sold it was a forum member sold his Stage 2 after a Cummins conversion so I sold my SRP 1.0 to another forum member to offset the cost.

I had BDP Billet plenums but they didn't clear the race cover with the TN mount. WOP (now H&S?) plenums are in there now. Clearance is no issue.

Stockers might be tight...you can envision the PITA and potential $$$ associated with a rub...i think Jake makes plenums too. Isn't Mattman running a 11 second obs Unlimited injs truck with the TN/S467? Maybe find out what plenums he's using.

Reaction score
his sig said FULL FORCE 350/200's and running NOS
here is the trouble i am having with the ccv....the filter tube is already made but not for the 467..the boot with the kit is 45*..its on the box above the air filter in this pic.i want to use it if i can..i may have to just put it away for now and make my own pipe and do what Jake did.. thanks for all your help...

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Ron-Did you get your rig up and running yet?

If you did, this might sound like a simple thing...but make sure you go back and tighten things back up (on your manifolds/up-pipes/mount).

I recently discovered several drive leaks on my truck with the TN mount as it has a few more junction/connections. The S467FMW spools even better once yet once those are squared away :ford:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.