I.....Messed.....UP

03cody

Reaction score
So I was in a hurry today and was trying to make sure the motor I am putting in was spinning over properly. Long story short, I didn't check to see if I was hitting the dowell on the crank and I broke it off.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Can anyone give me advice on how to get this out?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It oughta be fine. Just put the balancer on how it should go dont get it off a bolt or 2, and there should be no worries...

03cody

Reaction score
You guys would run it without the dowell? I mean I guess I have no problem doing that if it won't cause any issues but I figured it was to make sure the balancer was aligned correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would say just make sure the dowel would line up. I think that is more what its for is putting the balancer in the correct spot as well as ease of installation. The four bolts ought to line it up right and hold it good enough.

78f100

Reaction score
You will be fine, like they said just line up where the dowl was. It is really easy to break I have had 2 break when removing the balancer. It offers no support, it is just for alignment.

03cody

Reaction score
You will be fine, like they said just line up where the dowl was. It is really easy to break I have had 2 break when removing the balancer. It offers no support, it is just for alignment.

Ok glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has ever broken one lol.