I need a Des Moines IA shop anyone good?

Pstrke96

Reaction score
So there has been an oil drip on my 02 since I got it. It doesn't appear to be getting worse but the other half wants it fixed during our 2 week stop in Des Moines . I have had 2 ppl I trust tell me it's the oil pan and I just haven't had the extra $ laying around to pull the engine for a drip. I have just told her I can by ALLOT of oil for 2k. So long story short I'm sick of the nagging. If there is a reputable/ reasonable shop near me I will contact them for a consult and probably a repair. TIA and also open for suggestions if there's anything else we should address if/while its out.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Yeah, make sure its not just draining down the back. That bill will add up QUICK if the motor has to get pulled. I've left a few puddles down in des moines with my 02 from my EBPV seals leaking.
If it does have to get pulled, do a rear main seal and have the dipstick adapter welded to the pan (assuming it'd get a new pan). Wouldnt hurt to coat the pan real well wth some good rust prevent paint/bedliner. First things first though, check IPR/hpop for leaks in valley then look back to the BPV for leaks on the pedestal

bluedge8

Reaction score
Like said above, make sure the valley is dry before you let someone pull the motor for a pan. Are they saying the pan is rusted and leaking or the gasket? because you just don't hear of the gaskets leaking (or the rear main seal for that matter).

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Rusted pan was a NH truck! It needs some attention this winter I was just hoping to do it all myself at once. She doesn't understand the drip ratio against 15 quarts. If I can keep it put off I'm going to go spend a week in Sarasota with quality trustworthy people at holders and help do the work.

Latest posts

Members online