I want more go.

135Hoster

Reaction score
I want more go in my truck.

Is there a turbo kit out there (Ideally compound for spool) that will work on the factory rods? I'd really rather not have to tear into the block/head.

I saw a modded 6.7 on the motortrend Diesel Power Challenge, that was putting down 744hp/1411 ft/lbs on a single turbo w/ just a built tranny supposedly.

Thoughts?

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Compounds and back pressure are what's killing the rods so you probably want to stick with a single kit. I would recommend RCD, MPD, or Elite.

Last edited:

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
:whs: you seem fairly new, so I don't know if you realized, or thought about this but, you gotta pay to play. If you want a ton of power, you're gonna have to pay. A single is the safe way, you want more, you're risking it. If you can't resist, I'd say do rods now, then compounds. Rods are cheaper than a new block, just food for thought and my .02.

Sent from the Bayou

135Hoster

Reaction score
Elite/MPD don't seem to have a product released at this time.

I think MPD said sometime in early august they'd have an offering. I watched their youtube vid and the dash lit up like a christmas tree =\

Elite also doesn't seem to have any turbo kits on their website. RCD only lists II's compound kit. MPD also doesn't have a turbo kit on their site.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I could have swore MPD had one for sale... I would wait for either MPD, RCD, or Elite... seen way too many times people went to other unknown shops that haven't put in the time/know how/ or testing like these guys do, and got screwed... I would wait. JMO

135Hoster

Reaction score
:whs: you seem fairly new, so I don't know if you realized, or thought about this but, you gotta pay to play. If you want a ton of power, you're gonna have to pay. A single is the safe way, you want more, you're risking it. If you can't resist, I'd say do rods now, then compounds. Rods are cheaper than a new block, just food for thought and my .02.

Sent from the Bayou

Yeah, I'm well versed in having to pay to play, it just seems that once you touch internals, reliability/drivability goes down.

If I want 1k+ hp, I'll go grab a cummins, put up with the god awful interior, and build that up.

Currently I just want a bit more go.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
A nice single and a dual fueler from SPE if you want another CP4 or H&S if you want a CP3 should get you a little over 600 to the tires on the stock bottom end.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Have you contacted MPD? They have a thread in their vendor section about their kit. I want to say the first 10 ordered are $3999, and then the price goes up. I would expect that Elite will have something soon. I know Tadd has been doing a lot of testing. You also have SPE. They have a single kit that I'm pretty sure is available.

SPE

Reaction score
I want more go in my truck.

Is there a turbo kit out there (Ideally compound for spool) that will work on the factory rods? I'd really rather not have to tear into the block/head.

I saw a modded 6.7 on the motortrend Diesel Power Challenge, that was putting down 744hp/1411 ft/lbs on a single turbo w/ just a built tranny supposedly.

Thoughts?

We built the truck you saw in DPC. It was a compound set-up but corrected dynoed 940HP/1411TQ. Give us a call & we can give you a quote & the guys can steer you in the right direction. Our number is in the signature.

We have 3 trucks here currently getting a similar set-up except we will be using our single replacement & our not yet release "add-a-tubro" kit.

Reaction score
Don't count us out!

If you're looking for more fuel, we offer a dual fuel system that is capable of providing 800+ HP worth of high pressure fuel. Obviously some larger injectors would be beneficial as well.

We will also be releasing a single turbo kit. We have a foundry working on the castings as we speak. Here's a quick rendering of what the finished product will look like:
704931_187152011443239_589214796_o.jpg

Let us know if you have any questions.

135Hoster

Reaction score
If you're looking for more fuel, we offer a dual fuel system that is capable of providing 800+ HP worth of high pressure fuel. Obviously some larger injectors would be beneficial as well.

We will also be releasing a single turbo kit. We have a foundry working on the castings as we speak. Here's a quick rendering of what the finished product will look like:
704931_187152011443239_589214796_o.jpg

Let us know if you have any questions.

I'm a fan of your products so far. And Even though my EGR delete coolant end caps have failed twice, you've replaced them twice without any charge (not even shipping to Canada) which is pretty cool in my books. I'd be happier if the darn end caps wouldn't fail every year though, lol.

Is the H&S single turbo a cab off affair?

Also your manifold looks like pure sex. And thank you for using v-band flanges in at least 3 spots. Will this unit be compatible with the factory Downpipe? or does that change as well.

Any definite ETA?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm a fan of your products so far. And Even though my EGR delete coolant end caps have failed twice, you've replaced them twice without any charge (not even shipping to Canada) which is pretty cool in my books. I'd be happier if the darn end caps wouldn't fail every year though, lol.

Also your manifold looks like pure sex. And thank you for using v-band flanges in at least 3 spots. Will this unit be compatible with the factory Downpipe? or does that change as well.

Any definite ETA?

This will fix your coolant plug issues for life:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37032

I've got them on the shelf if you are interested

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i have a H&S dual fueler kit on order along with the MPD Turbo kit. and SUMP and a fuel system from morgan

if you want more go and willing to risk the rods then follow me, other than that your going to be doing a full build with rods.

Reaction score

Any definite ETA?

The EGR kit you're referring to is probably from H&S Performance (a separate company), but we work closely with them and they are a great crew!

Our single turbo kit can be installed with the cab on, no problem. Removing the factory turbo is probably the most "difficult" part, but can be made relatively easy with the correct tools. The factory downpipe will not fit, but a new downpipe will be included with the kit.

Thanks for the compliments on the kit, our goal is to make it the nicest, most comprehensive kit available for the 6.7 while still being easy to install. Right now there is no definite ETA, as it is highly dependent on our foundry and machinist. That being said, we are hoping within the next 2-4 months the kits will be available.

Latest posts

Members online