IC pipes

amarillo250

Reaction score
There we go again, what are my options on IC pipes for a stock Intercooler and Powermax?
Can some of the builders state their opinion, please.
I'm looking to reduce EGT's.
Thx, boys

Frank

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your best bet to reduce EGT'S is going to be to adjust tuning, or get water injection.

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Or a bigger turbo? What are your EGT's now? Do you tow a lot? Some guys are running 190's with that turbo and don't seem to complain too much. I'd say tuning would be a big part of it. If you feel it's getting too hot, get some fuel pulled from the tunes.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If you still have that crappy plastic hot side pipe, get rid of it and order a 03-04 metal pipe and a set of intercooler boots. I've seen several trucks split the plastic tubes. I just had a new cold side pipe made for my truck and I'm having both the hot and cold pipes powder coated as well. I doubt that I'll see any drop in EGT's with the metal pipe over the plastic, but maybe 20-50*? I would say water/meth would be the direction you're looking for. You'll get the reduced EGT's, more power and a slight bump in econ. I'll be tackling a water/meth system for my truck sometime this year I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nic

Reaction score
theyre right..the stock CAC (charged air cooler, not an actual intercooler) tubes wont make a difference in egt drop that much compared to the cost of doing that..not worth it. more worth the money is water/meth, intake or a whole different intercooler all together..probably most economical, least time consuming and easiest way is indeed water/meth...just dont get crazy with the meth..performance gains using more meth are very minimal compared to the damages that will be detrimental. good luck!

amarillo250

Reaction score
thanks guys, looks like I go with a new intercooler from Mike. Step by step I get her done.
Tunes got rewritten from IDP and Matt did a great job as well with his tow tune.
I'll keep you posted.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
thanks guys, looks like I go with a new intercooler from Mike. Step by step I get her done.
Tunes got rewritten from IDP and Matt did a great job as well with his tow tune.
I'll keep you posted.

No Limit is also working on a CAC pipe and intake elbow to compliment his IC and our Apex manifold. Could be a nice package all the way around if you are looking for the ultimate drop in EGT's

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I pick it up from my machinist this afternoon. I'll throw some pics and info up in a thread for everybody. As far as the no limit stuff goes, I think mike was still working on it. I'm sure he will post up

Latest posts

Members online