Icon 2.5" reservoir shock or Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks

crat996

Reaction score
I am in the market now for a level kit and I am torn between the Icon kit with the 2.5" reservoir shocks that come with the stage 3 or Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. The Fox's are cheaper and the Icons are tuned for the SD trucks according to Icon's website.

Which would ride better on highway/off-road and towing a 7k pound 28' camper. I'm not as concerned about towing "comfort" but more highway manners and off-road comfort/stability in the woods driving.

Thanks!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
A 2.5 shock and a 2.0 are not really comparable. A 2.5 will be more controlled and more expensive. I run the Icon 2.5 resi's on mine and really like them, but fox makes a great shock that you won't be disappointed with. Of the two you mentioned the 2.5 will out preform the 2.0 all day

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am in the market now for a level kit and I am torn between the Icon kit with the 2.5" reservoir shocks that come with the stage 3 or Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. The Fox's are cheaper and the Icons are tuned for the SD trucks according to Icon's website.

Which would ride better on highway/off-road and towing a 7k pound 28' camper. I'm not as concerned about towing "comfort" but more highway manners and off-road comfort/stability in the woods driving.

Thanks!

shoot me a pm i can walk you thru the options and get you a great price.

jcain

Reaction score
I need to switch to 2.5s up front. The Fox 2.0s are "floaty" now.

crat996

Reaction score
I need to switch to 2.5s up front. The Fox 2.0s are "floaty" now.

Do you have any complaints with the Fox shocks? Do you have the regular ones or with the reservoir?

Why do you want to switch them out?

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I just received the Fox 2.0's as part of my Backcountry kit from Carli.

During my shopping around for a leveling system I heard great things about the Fox 2.0 from other customers and forum members. Carli verified that the Fox 2.0's "were the shocks for what I intended to do with my truck", and they also stated that the Fox 2.0's were replacing (and consistently outperforming) the Bilsteins all around. I couldn't argue with these guys since they were the ones engineering most of the kit in the first place, lol.

The only thing that I am wondering now is how long they'll hold up and to what outdoor temps will they remain reliable and problem-free?

jcain

Reaction score
mine are the 2.0 non res. they seem to be getting really lazy on freeway floating.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I ordered the 2.5 Fox resi's today. Can't wait to try them out.

Latest posts

Members online