Icon Omega Bypass Shock Tuning

TripleE44

Reaction score
So, I got these shocks a couple months ago, had to send one back because of my own mistake and just got it back a couple weeks back. I started tuning them before, didn't get too far into it, but now I'm back at it trying to figure it out.

They've got one rebound adjuster and one compression adjuster. I'm wanting to see if someone on here can kind of point me in the right direction of a combination of settings for general street usage.

Right now, I'm set at 3 of 20 on the compression, and 9 of 20 on the rebound. It rides pretty good, but sometimes is a little bouncy. I can say though, over 40 on rough roads where everyone else is going 30 I can blitz it and it definitely feels planted more than with my 2.0s and soaks up a lot. It's almost like from 40-60 its exactly how I want it to ride, but below or above its not. If I back the compression down, the truck starts to feel like it doesn't have enough control, like a blown shock. I can remedy it by cranking down on the rebound.

I kinda feel like I'm shooting in the dark just hoping to figure this whole deal out. I'm hoping some of you have more experience with this type of thing and can kind of point me in the right direction. Am I getting to the right point with the whole "soft on compression with hard rebound?" Right now I'm just worried about street usage, as this truck is mostly always a pavement queen. I do run down some crappy roads though, so that has some effect on it too.

Anyways, here's a pic just because they look so purdy.

C-D1B4-449C-B856-8CC6412844C5-526-000000FE4BF300D5.jpg

Layson

Reaction score
Make sure you get the shock fluid warmed up before you go crazy. When it is cold out you can definitely tell a difference.

I went from one extreme to another. Pretty much I just set mine with very low compression. Then started adjusting the rebound. I actually completely shut mine for ****s and giggles LOL, and slowly opened them up. I am telling you on my setup once you get it close it can be just a 1/4 turn and you can really tell. Like I said before make an excel sheet or just keep track of what you have done. I never did that and before I know it, I have no idea where I am at... LOL If you start with the rebound completely open than you hit a bump and the axle will be flopping everywhere. Then keep closing them to where you axle doesn't flop around anymore.

Maybe start with the compression almost wide open, maybe a few clicks closed. Than close your rebound and open it one click at a time. The truck will be real bouncy and as you open it up the bouncyness will go away and than once you go too far the axle will be flopping it around. Then you can start messing with the compression a little.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Make sure you get the shock fluid warmed up before you go crazy. When it is cold out you can definitely tell a difference.

I went from one extreme to another. Pretty much I just set mine with very low compression. Then started adjusting the rebound. I actually completely shut mine for ****s and giggles LOL, and slowly opened them up. I am telling you on my setup once you get it close it can be just a 1/4 turn and you can really tell. Like I said before make an excel sheet or just keep track of what you have done. I never did that and before I know it, I have no idea where I am at... LOL If you start with the rebound completely open than you hit a bump and the axle will be flopping everywhere. Then keep closing them to where you axle doesn't flop around anymore.

Maybe start with the compression almost wide open, maybe a few clicks closed. Than close your rebound and open it one click at a time. The truck will be real bouncy and as you open it up the bouncyness will go away and than once you go too far the axle will be flopping it around. Then you can start messing with the compression a little.

Thanks man. I started out keeping track of each settings and how it was compared to the one before. It's just eventually I got to where I was changing it every day and couldn't really get where I felt like it should be and kinda started slacking. That was when I was starting with both of them all the way out, but I think adjusting both settings got everything too confused for me.

I'm gonna try turning the rebound all the way in and the compression almost all the way out like you're saying.

I appreciate your help with this, seems like you keep having to help me with this stuff. :thumbsup:

Latest posts