Icp horrible honey badger Jr

72ford250

Reaction score
Ok guys I am getting slightly frustrated with this truck. So anyways I bought a honey badger jr to replace the t500 as I thought I needed a little more flow. So before I took the t500 off I could hit around 2400 with 35% without turning. Next came the first Jr hpop it could hit 2200 with a 75% ipr and a DD tune from dyno proven. So I pushed for a replacement pump and got it this new Jr can do 2300-2400 with a 55% ipr as long as I ease into the accelerator pedal. So this comes down to a problem on my end I must have a internal leak. I have used a porta power to pressure each head. You can build to 3,000 psi and it takes about a minute or two to bleed off to 1000 psi is this normal? All upper o-rings on the injectors except one that I fixed seem to not be leaking when I dead head the hpop by giving the ipr 12v and cranking on the engine. Is it possible these rosewoods 160/80 with maybe 30,000 on them have bad internal o-rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David N

Reaction score
Who's tunes did you have with the T500?

These tuners love to play with ICP numbers and make them look good by pulling pulse width. You have a way to see what your P/W is?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You can't really compare two hpops with out using the same tune. You should also record rpm and pulsewidth to make the comparison fair.

I'm not sure what the acceptance leak down rate is. I would probably call the injector shop.

72ford250

Reaction score
Well I have run both hpop on the same tunes with the same results as posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Alright. But above it said the T500 with no tune. Either way we need to know how much pulse width that tune is asking for.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.