ICP?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
When my icp is unhooked the scanner still shows like it hooked up i.e. the oil pressure moves. Is this normal or is my sensor chaffing another wire in my harness?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
It's -5 out truck wasn't plugged in cycled the glow plugs and it fired up. Switched my chip to high idle went inside and let it run for about 15 min came out moved the chip to eco and the truck died. Icp was reading like 8psi while cranking dc went up to 60 something. Unpluged the icp and crank on it. Still 8psi and duty cycle went to 60 something. Tried moving switch back to high idle no change.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Once again this is with a scanner not with a gauge on the oil rail. How would it know wtf oil pressure was if it's unhooked?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
So it's guessing it's at 8 psi? Then cranks the duty cycle up? And the psi stays at 8? I just don't see how the hell it knows it's that low?

mandkole

Reaction score
Assuming everything works correctly, its defaults to 750psi/14.7dc when unplugged. Theres something else going on. Will it fire with the chip disconnected?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I haven't tried pulling the chip seeing everything was fine besides a weird idle every so often.... and if I pull the plug it definitely reads 8 and I'm sure I'm pulling the icp plug also pulled the ebp sensor also just incase they got swapped. I'm gonna open up the wiring harness hopefully tonugh if it's not to cold.

The Brad

Reaction score
You can try disconnecting the HPO line to each head and pressurizing with air and listen for leaks. Put a rag over it, or you're gonna get an oil bath when you pull the air off. Not sure why you're reading 8psi, but the IPR dc over 60% and no ICP suggests an oil leak (injector o-ring), bad HPOP, or empty HPO reservoir.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Checked the chip still reading like 8.... I'll pull the ipr and see if it's stuck. Highly doubt 8psi is all terminator twins would make while cranking. Is my pcm taking a crap? I have never been able to pull stored codes with this truck with any scanner I have hooked to it. Wether it be a cheap one or a snap on SolLas or what have you. My chip did come unplugged whil driving and killed the motor but that's been probably 3500 miles ago but that may be about the same time the weird idle issue came up

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Was a stuck ipr. Now how the hell it was reading 8psi wit the unplugged I don't know. Got it running it's running rough tho lots of white smoke it is -8 outside and it wasn't plugged in. Hoping it's just from such a cold block just weird idle will be smooth then rough then tap the Gas it will smooth out again. Step on it a little harder and it will get rough again.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Think I might of found the rough idle issue. Is it just me or does the PW look really low? 1mS? I can see how my 20 year old 200k idm can't fire the injectors very well at that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-13-19-36-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-13-19-36-51.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 43

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Brand new have 3k on them maybe a month old... I have termi twins also... I'm thinking it's a tuning issue or just a plan cold it's -15 right now starts up fine then will start bucking then smooth out then bucking...

The screen shot is in high idle and that's why the hpo is higher. Also I have a ****ty gray cps that I swapped right about when this idle started happening.I'm getting a ford one sent to me

Last edited:

CurtisF

Reaction score
Brand new have 3k on them maybe a month old... I have termi twins also... I'm thinking it's a tuning issue or just a plan cold it's -15 right now starts up fine then will start bucking then smooth out then bucking...

The screen shot is in high idle and that's why the hpo is higher. Also I have a ****ty gray cps that I swapped right about when this idle started happening.I'm getting a ford one sent to me

Stop chasing phantom problems. It's cold, and you're most likely having fuel gel issues.

When it warms up and you still have some problems, then it's time to start diagnosing. For now, just leave it alone is your best course of action. Otherwise you're going to start dumping more time and money into phantom problems that can all be solved if you just wait a few days and get past this cold snap.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Stop chasing phantom problems. It's cold, and you're most likely having fuel gel issues.

When it warms up and you still have some problems, then it's time to start diagnosing. For now, just leave it alone is your best course of action. Otherwise you're going to start dumping more time and money into phantom problems that can all be solved if you just wait a few days and get past this cold snap.

I don't think where I live gets past a cold snap... lol but I think your right.. it doesn't run ****ty just a weird idle issue I just switch it to high idle so it doesn't do it anyways. Thanks for the input

Latest posts

Members online