Id love to run a new cummins and say id win.

mharring

Reaction score
I work with a guy who recently bought a new cummins 2500. Hes done all the ******s just like i have 5 inch straight pipe and intake all very similar to me. Its all ways been a running joke yo $&@" bag on my 6.4 stroker. Because @129,000 it had an engine failure, i put a used complete take out6400$ plus head studs, new, valves and valve seats, the fuel system fauled on that engine, replace that fuel system from ford. The dealer dudnt get all the trash out and that fuell system failed, 8,000$. I put another full fuel system in 7400$ So honestly i dont blame but id like to really give the guy a run when i buy a better tunner either mini maxx or s partan. If the s partan goes through it will have a 415 hp tune from rudys diesel on it. H &s one will just have the standard stuff on it

Ive got a studded engine with new gaskets
Afe 4 inch atlas turbo back exhaust
Afe stg 2 momentum intake
Either a H&S mini max or a s partan with a very hot 415hp tune on it

Can i hang or beat this new cummins

kwelch08

Reaction score
6.4s are very powerful trucks. Even a lot of guys I work with that drive nothing but cummins,and dog fords admit this about the 6.4.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

mharring

Reaction score
That might be im not entirely sure any time i talk to them about trucks its hard to actually talk about my truck. I know he has a switch on the bottom of his dash that selects tune. He may have that SCT monitor. I thought it was all one package

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
probably a Edge CTS monitor. very popular combo with EFI Live. I don't believe an SCT Livewire would actually display correctly on a Dodge

scagle1

Reaction score
He spent to much, I spent about 1400 on a TB ****** pipe and 5 position on the fly Autocal tuning for ******s only trucks
I have a later 3rd Gen 2500 six speed and it shifts slow( nature 9f the G56 and I'm not gonna beat it) , it feels like a torque monster but not fast. My old 7.3 with singles, 38r, BTS, and the other little goodies would have made this one breathe hard. I don't think you'll have a problem if your trucks tuned and running good. I'll swap with you if you wanna join their club, I like this club better and cannot wait to find another super duty but can't afford a 6.7, I'm scared of the 6.4, not sure I wanna tackle a 6.0 and can't top my old 7.3 but I sure miss do miss the trucks.

Baker42

Reaction score
If I was gonna buy a new 6.7, it would be a Cummins. I love my strokers but those 6.7's are a beast, no cab removal required, and the connecting rods look like dinosaur bones compared to the 6.7 Fords. Add in the AS69RC and it's a monster.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you're crazy... Chrysler electronics are junk, the transmissions are junk, the front ends are junk.

There's no cab removal required on a 6.7 either when you get right down to it.

Baker42

Reaction score
you're crazy... Chrysler electronics are junk, the transmissions are junk, the front ends are junk.

There's no cab removal required on a 6.7 either when you get right down to it.
If you are 5'4" I'm sure you might be able to get in there. I'm 6'4" and I can lay down in my buddies 07 2500 engine bay. A damn near 5 inch stroke and a damn near 5 inch piston, it's a torque monster. The new AS69RC is a medium duty transmission. Not arguing but 6.7 scorpions have thrown rods with just tuning. $65,000 for a new truck with junk rods? Go for it.:badidea:

sootie

Reaction score
If you are 5'4" I'm sure you might be able to get in there. I'm 6'4" and I can lay down in my buddies 07 2500 engine bay. A damn near 5 inch stroke and a damn near 5 inch piston, it's a torque monster. The new AS69RC is a medium duty transmission. Not arguing but 6.7 scorpions have thrown rods with just tuning. $65,000 for a new truck with junk rods? Go for it.:badidea:

You have no idea buddy..... stfu

Baker42

Reaction score
:puke:Ah yes I do. My buddy is the Chief diesel mechanic for Rich Ford. Rods look like toothpics, so you STFU

Baker42

Reaction score
6.4 rods DWARF 6.7's, same with the 6.0 and 7.3 I guess Ford didn't think anyone would modify their 6.7's.

Latest posts

Members online