Ideal Workstock setup?

6.4strokin

Reaction score
What would be the best workstock setup for a 6.0 mainly fuel and turbo wise? thanks

JGman141

Reaction score
Your right at the limit, id go with 75% nozzles instead of 100s. 75's can empty roughly 240 cc of fuel at 2.4 ms, which is more than enough and you can also get better atomization of the fuel. Also have a better chance at maintaining icp with the 75.

6.4strokin

Reaction score
So with all the supporting mods do you think I can hit low 600s and be workstock legal

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I can get you set up with a turbo/injector combo deal that can easily put your truck into the 600hp range. You will need the supporting mods you asked about.

Full fuel system
Built tranny
205/75s or 250/100 hybrids
KC68 stage 3 turbo

Send me an email if you want some pricing

[email protected]

JGman141

Reaction score
So with all the supporting mods do you think I can hit low 600s and be workstock legal

Should be able to if the truck is healthy and you maintain icp

I can get you set up with a turbo/injector combo deal that can easily put your truck into the 600hp range. You will need the supporting mods you asked about.

Full fuel system
Built tranny
205/75s or 250/100 hybrids
KC68 stage 3 turbo

Send me an email if you want some pricing

[email protected]

I totally agree with this list but you could also look into 225/75 hybrids, just another option.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Should be able to if the truck is healthy and you maintain icp

I totally agree with this list but you could also look into 225/75 hybrids, just another option.

Good Idea. I was talking to Warren Diesel this week. They said that they can maintain ICP with 250/100 hybrids... I think I might try those out some day. The hybrid injectors have really come a long way.

borsky

Reaction score
I don't get why you'd want hybrids cause they maintain icp. They way i understand it the achieve this by having lower injection pressure so wheres the advantage?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I don't get why you'd want hybrids cause they maintain icp. They way i understand it the achieve this by having lower injection pressure so wheres the advantage?

I 100% agree. They sacrifice injection pressure to maintain ICP... BUT... guys consistently seem to be able to squeeze out more power out of hybrids. Even though hybrids run at a slightly lower injection pressure... they still maintain a descent pressure, like 24k with hybrids vs 28k with conventionals.

For example: On a stock HPOP the max you can go on conventional injectors is about 600-650hp with a couple of lucky 700hp numbers. But there have been lots of guys with hybrids on stock HPOPs that have made it well into the mid 700s.

Jesse pushed the conventional injectors as far as they could go. Even with all the ICP he needed. He had to switch to hybrids to get more power out of his truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
evidently 6.0 hybrids are different from a 7.3s? its the opposite for us.. hybrids are a shorter stroke so its easier to maintain and hold icp... im trying to learn stuff about the 6.0s as i have never cared to before..
I 100% agree. They sacrifice injection pressure to maintain ICP... BUT... guys consistently seem to be able to squeeze out more power out of hybrids. Even though hybrids run at a slightly lower injection pressure... they still maintain a descent pressure, like 24k with hybrids vs 28k with conventionals.

For example: On a stock HPOP the max you can go on conventional injectors is about 600-650hp with a couple of lucky 700hp numbers. But there have been lots of guys with hybrids on stock HPOPs that have made it well into the mid 700s.

Jesse pushed the conventional injectors as far as they could go. Even with all the ICP he needed. He had to switch to hybrids to get more power out of his truck.

what i said above was for you too.
live life full throttle

KCTurbos

Reaction score
evidently 6.0 hybrids are different from a 7.3s? its the opposite for us.. hybrids are a shorter stroke so its easier to maintain and hold icp... im trying to learn stuff about the 6.0s as i have never cared to before..

what i said above was for you too.
live life full throttle

Yep. They are basically the same thing on a 6.0. Larger bore, shorter stroke (as opposed to conventional). Helps to maintain ICP better but you will sacrifice injection pressure.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep. They are basically the same thing on a 6.0. Larger bore, shorter stroke (as opposed to conventional). Helps to maintain ICP better but you will sacrifice injection pressure.
how does that sacrifice inj psi? if you maintain icp then inj psi shouldn't drop. bigger nozzles i could see losing some atomization of fuel but thats it..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok, you guys are going off final psi at the nozzle.. like close to 30k psi? aren't you guys running over 4k icp? kinda sorta averages out id think.. if you cant maintain icp on a normal injector then your pressure at the nozzle is less.. so if you can run higher and maintain higher with hybrids then it should be better..

live life full throttle

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Why do you guys think hybrids like spray so much?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Lots of fuel with hybrids, and the poorer atomization doesn't matter when you use nitrous since there is less need for good mixing of the fuel/air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borsky

Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong but you change the pressure ratio. on a 6.0L conventional you put 4000psi in and times that by 7 to get 28000 psi give or take. when u run hybrid you times it by lets say 5 and get 20000 psi out the nozzles

KCTurbos

Reaction score
^^^ What He Said

how does that sacrifice inj psi? if you maintain icp then inj psi shouldn't drop. bigger nozzles i could see losing some atomization of fuel but thats it..

live life full throttle

Your High Pressure Oil does not change... but your fuel injection pressure does change. Our HPO system works around 4000 psi at full throttle... but the fuel is actually being injected around 28000psi through the injector. This is due to the fuel intensifier piston. But when you change over to hybrids even at 4000psi of HPO your fuel injection pressure will only be around 24000psi because you changed the fuel intensifier piston to make the injector into a hybrid. Hope that makes sense.

swinky

Reaction score
Lots of fuel with hybrids, and the poorer atomization doesn't matter when you use nitrous since there is less need for good mixing of the fuel/air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yuhpp, I was saying it sarcastically. Well put.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.