Idi turbo motor/powerstroke swap

RBernardi

Reaction score
So I'm sure this question has been beat to death, and after searching the net and here I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have a 94 F-350 idi turbo auto that is locked up. I'm wanting to pull it and drop in a a powerstroke out of a 97. What all is needed to do this?

Bugman

Reaction score
Everything from the radiator cap to the dash. Wiring harness and all electronics from the Powerstroke along with the go peddle.

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
So I'm sure this question has been beat to death, and after searching the net and here I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have a 94 F-350 idi turbo auto that is locked up. I'm wanting to pull it and drop in a a powerstroke out of a 97. What all is needed to do this?

A complete running donor truck... The a/c housing can stay and the wiring to the fuel selector and tail lights can stay. Other then that it's everything's different. I did one not to long ago and had to splice the window motors and door locks.

The auto trans should work, but check the converter to flex plate studs. Idi converters had 4 studs and newer powerstrokes had 6. The idi flex plate Doesn't work on the powerstroke.

It's not hard, just takes some time

Latest posts

Members online