Idle the truck without valve covers

Shipmate

Reaction score
I have to check for leaking injector lines tomorrow. So after I pull the covers how do I fire up the truck? Do I have to put the horseshoe for the turbos back on to fire it up?

78f100

Reaction score
Just remove the fuel cooler from the intermediate pipe and bolt the lines up. You can tie wrap the cooler up out of the way.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I you havent already, 3 thing of dye in the secondary fuel filter makes finding the leak a bunch easier. I had one i had 6 injector bodies leaking and putting about a gallon in the oil after about 5k. I couldnt see anything running out, but under uv light found the dy where the bodies screw together.

78f100

Reaction score
I you havent already, 3 thing of dye in the secondary fuel filter makes finding the leak a bunch easier. I had one i had 6 injector bodies leaking and putting about a gallon in the oil after about 5k. I couldnt see anything running out, but under uv light found the dy where the bodies screw together.

Good idea, never thought of that.

Shipmate

Reaction score
I did. It would only goto 17000 psi. But no leaks there so I think I am good. I think I got 2 bad injectors. Cly5 and Cly6 Short term fuel trims are +8 and -12 on those two. It was like that on the 1st startup.
I called Alliant and they said they got some injectors form Ford that they did not test and sent out to different areas. So he thinks I may have some of them.

Latest posts

Members online