Idle with 160/30 Injectors

darkside708

Reaction score
To tight..no. It will bend or break before you over trq it

To loose..yes

The biggest PITA I've seen is actually at the connection itself. The two wires seem to have a way of contacting each other after a while causing all sorts of issues.

Okay thanks Jason. I just remembered we tightened down that nut pretty good when installing it on the new hpop.

I noticed yesterday I got something else going on. Really odd feeling.... the pedal felt as if I were driving it in the stock tune (even though it was in my 100hp tune). Within a few seconds I swear the injectors got louder (like what I am used to) and I could physically feel the pedal go back to normal. It's hard to explain. Second time it's done it since I put all the new stuff on. I really hope I didn't screw up something when I installed everything.

thuglike

Reaction score
You may have posted before but how does the icp and duty cycle look on the HB?

Just want to make sure it's not our stuff making you crazy.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Both are the same video. Here is the one you wanted right?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUn3FRsxpU

It sounds like valve clatter to me. But could be wrong. Did it start after you changed the injectors or did it do it before? If after injectors did it sound like that right away? Or did it start that after a bit of running it? DID you ever rev it up against the rev limiter with wide open throttle?

I have heard pickups sound like that from slightly bent push rods. Does it smoke lightly when warm?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yes that the video I wanted.....thanks

I replaced the springs with Comp 910s shimmed for the correct pressure.

Everything started after I removed the motor to change the oil pan. Since the motor was out, I replaced injectors, springs, pushrods, studded it, replaced LPOP and HPOP and other misc stuff.

Noise sounds like its coming from the Honey Badger Jr, maybe it's a characteristic of the pump. Maybe Jason could chime in and confirm this. I doubt it's valve train because I run a solid roller in the race car. Never rev'd to the limiter with wide open throttle.

I have to confirm if the noise is there cold or starts when it's warm. But the noise is definitely there when fully warm.

I have AE and could data log. Just need to learn how to make multiple data logs w/o writing over the previous one.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

darkside708

Reaction score
Okay so I'm bringing this thread back from the thread. I finally bought AE. Is they're anything I should log that might give you guys an idea of what's going on? The idle seems to be a little better than it was a few months ago. Only problem is I think something is up with my transmission so I'm afraid to do any WOT testing :fustrate:

Latest posts

Members online