IDP Agressive street tune ?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
For anyone running or has ran Erics Agg street tune does your truck shift hard as f when slow driving, say 0-35 with 1/4 or less throttle?

I know it is supposed to shift hard and fast but its way out of line. The only time it feels like it shifts right is 1/2 - 3/4 throttle runs, WOT it rly bangs in very hard. Have put 200ish miles on since loading the tune.
Trucks git that wicked 3-5 flare also which sux, literally feels like you tap the brakes when it comes out of 3 and 4. Any known ways to fix that?
Have the x race also but havent tried it yet for comparison.

Awesome tune so far otherwise, very good power and not a ton of smoke!

Last edited:

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Loaded up the X race file and the shifts feel good, way less harsh. Im thinking maybe the agg street file may have gotten a little f'd in cyber space land. Lol

Still need to try the economy file and if that shifts good then im sure the ag street got messed up somehow in transit. Weird thing is there is no flare with this tune, not that I've noticed yet anyways, only have 30 or so miles on it.

Derkperk

Reaction score
Send him an email with tune tweak in the subject and describe what it's doing. That flare will kill your trans.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Thx man
I planned on contacting erik but i wanted to make sure i wasn't being a idiot first. Ive been running stock tune for around a year to make sure the head stud job didnt wanna lift and the oil cooler, coolant filtration was working thus was surprised with the shifts compared to my old shyt tuned 7.3.
Got them border line deltas, highway is consistent 13-17 with the agg street file.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Idk about the aggressive street tune but I know on the race tune in my 6.0 it would down shift so hard into 3rd it would chirp the tires, but it only did it once or twice then I just ran the street tune

Mdub707

Reaction score
It shouldn't be quick and firm, but not SLAMMING. Just contact Eric, he can fix it. You can try an upgraded shift solenoid to help get rid of that 3-5 flare too.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Upgrade to the gogo selonoid?
How much of a pita is the install, im pretty sure the pan needs to be dropped. Anything else i should do while im in there?

Edit
Nvrmind, i actually used the search and found info here. Seems easy

Last edited:

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I run the x street. It shifts nice, just a little snappier than stock. I think yours got effed up somehow. Did you give him the correct tire size?

Bigred91

Reaction score
I run x street and it shifts good. I hate the way my xtreme x tune shifts but it sure does wake it up and make it fast as hell

Darkhorse diesel performance
101 northgate industrial drive
Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Monster12valve

Reaction score
How miles did you put on it since loading it? When I load extreme x tune for the first time, it shifts hard for the first couple miles or so then starts shifting perfect, I think it is the trans learning.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I run the x street. It shifts nice, just a little snappier than stock. I think yours got effed up somehow. Did you give him the correct tire size?
I wasnt asked tire size, i did set the live wire on 3.73 gear ration tho cuz thats whats in the truck

I run x street and it shifts good. I hate the way my xtreme x tune shifts but it sure does wake it up and make it fast as hell

Darkhorse diesel performance
101 northgate industrial drive
Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

I went with agressive street and x race cuz i wanted to notice the difference in the tunes. Guess i should have went X street and extreme x. I figured no reason to run the extreme x on a stock ficm.

How miles did you put on it since loading it? When I load extreme x tune for the first time, it shifts hard for the first couple miles or so then starts shifting perfect, I think it is the trans learning.
I put over 200 miles on the agressive street and it didnt change much if at all. Ive only put about 50 on the x race so far and it is shifting good, i just dont know if having the full tc lock is good for the trans as a dd.

Last edited:

6speedsd

Reaction score
I run the Agg street as a DD tune. Shifts are pretty harsh like you are describing at lower throttle. Maybe it's just the way the tune is. I have maybe 20,000 miles in that tune. Eric has tweaked it several times for me, but hasn't really helped much. 1-2, 2-3 shifts are the harshest for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I run the Agg street as a DD tune. Shifts are pretty harsh like you are describing at lower throttle. Maybe it's just the way the tune is. I have maybe 20,000 miles in that tune. Eric has tweaked it several times for me, but hasn't really helped much. 1-2, 2-3 shifts are the harshest for me.

I know that feel. Lol
The slow speed shifts feel almost like something is going to break and the WOT shifts feel like something did just break. Weird that the x race shifts good from 1/4 throttle to WOT, the WO shifts are pretty aggressive but feel good and solid. It must have something to do with the Tc open in 1 and 2, almost feels like it slams into lock during the shift.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yep exactly. Jars the whole truck. I haven't ran anything bigger of Eric's on this truck, only the smaller tow file, which shifts great.

Latest posts

Members online