IDP Ficm tune issue

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with IDP ficm tune causing really low fuel pressure. I have the blue spring upgrade and have 74 lbs at idle as soon as I go wide open my pressure drops to 30 lbs until the tc locks then goes to like 65 like it normally is a wot..

MorganY

Reaction score
You need a new pump. Yours is toast. At WOT you don't want to see anything lower than 45psi or else you'll damage your injectors.

01PSD

Reaction score
:whs: bro has an FICM tune from Eric and it also is dropping down between 30-40 psi at WOT, blue spring as well. Luckily we have a full fuel system and injectors waiting to go in :thumbsup:

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
You need a new pump. Yours is toast. At WOT you don't want to see anything lower than 45psi or else you'll damage your injectors.

My pump is not toast it is fine until the ficm tune... And it's only an issue wot until the tc locks...

I have a fass 100 I can put in... And I'm in the same boat I got injectors on the way to...

strokin6L

Reaction score
It's not the FICM...the sole purpose of the FICM tune is to deliver more fuel. So apparently your stock pump can't keep up with the extra fuel the tuned FICM is putting out. I'm guessing your stock pump is weak.

MorganY

Reaction score
My pump is not toast it is fine until the ficm tune... And it's only an issue wot until the tc locks...

I have a fass 100 I can put in... And I'm in the same boat I got injectors on the way to...

Yes..it is...

The FICM tune commands more fuel. If your pump can't keep up...it will not maintain 45psi. Plain an simple.

Stock tuning, less fuel commanded, pump isn't working as hard..

As for the fass...Is it a helper pump (10psi ish), or is it designed as a standalone with an adjustable reg?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Just looked on FASS's website...they don't have a FASS 100. Only one close is a 95gph pump which is a low pressure pusher pump at 14psi. I have one on my truck and used it piggy backin my stock pump with 190/75's with zero issues with fuel pressure drops. But i got rid of the stock pump a few years ago in favor of a fuelab. So i have the low pressure FASS feeding my fuelab.

MorganY

Reaction score
Just looked on FASS's website...they don't have a FASS 100. Only one close is a 95gph pump which is a low pressure pusher pump at 14psi. I have one on my truck and used it piggy backin my stock pump with 190/75's with zero issues with fuel pressure drops.

That's what I figured.

You're going to have to buy a new stock pump, or get a different fuel system.
Fuel lab, aero motive, airdog 2, etc.

And quick since your throwing new injectors in

strokin6L

Reaction score
i'm currently using the low pressure FASS feeding my fuelab....been running this for about 3 years with no issues

MorganY

Reaction score
i'm currently using the low pressure FASS feeding my fuelab....been running this for about 3 years with no issues

Oh ya definitely Chris! I'm just saying since his stocker is already toast...he should look at other options, as opposed to already feeding a weak stock pump.

jdc753

Reaction score
I can tell you that my truck will do the same exact thing fuel pressure wise with an FICM tune or not. Blue spring didn't help the low pressure issue, but it did maintain higher pressure for longer and holds a higher idle pressure.

Pressure doesn't mean much if you can't keep up with the required flow rate though, aka the pump...

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
The FICM tune will allow for more fuel and more power, that's the purpose.

You have quite a pressure drop, but that's pretty normal on these trucks with high power tuning. I've seen stock trucks drop to 25psi with nothing more than our race tune. A pump will bring your power up and you'll notice it pull harder in the higher rpms.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I got a full fuel tank today and messed around a little. Nothing lower then 64psi... When I did it before I only had about 1/4... So the extra head of the full tank kept the npsh up... But yes it is a helper I got that... What makes me not want to give up is its always been just fine and never started until the ficm tune... Even with the highest power tunes on the market she never dropped that low... Not im tellin u ur wrong... I just dont wanna give up hope lol... thanks guys...

doubledee715

Reaction score
I got a full fuel tank today and messed around a little. Nothing lower then 64psi... When I did it before I only had about 1/4... So the extra head of the full tank kept the npsh up... But yes it is a helper I got that... What makes me not want to give up is its always been just fine and never started until the ficm tune... Even with the highest power tunes on the market she never dropped that low... Not im tellin u ur wrong... I just dont wanna give up hope lol... thanks guys...

dude it's your fuel pump, you aren't the only one this has happened to.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
i have a stock pump with the blue spring kit, running erics xtreme race and power hungry ficm tuning the lowest i see is 58psi

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.