IDP Handheld FICM Programmer

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Idp. You do keep the tuner it is Vin locked to your truck and they can email you new tunes just like the sct. Ordering mine monday:)

strokin6L

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Idp. You do keep the tuner it is Vin locked to your truck and they can email you new tunes just like the sct. Ordering mine monday:)

You don't buy the FICM tuner. The tune itself is $200 with a $180 core charge. So if you decide not to ship the tuner back to Innovative, you wont get your $180 back. So if you keep the tuner....it'll then cost you $380 in the long. I already used it to download Eric's mild FICM tune and shipped it back the next day. The tuner isn't VIN locked. A FICM tune used with the remote tuner can be downloaded to any truck. All it does when you download the FICM tune is saves the stock FICM calibration to the tuner. Once IDP gets the tuner back....they erase it and then download another FICM tune(which ever one the customer wants...mild, moderate or race) to it for the next guy on the their list. Unless IDP changed something since i did mine a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how you'd even try downloading a new/different FICM tune to it. Is there some sort of software similar to the SCT liveload/firmware that the superchips flashpaq needs to be able to download a FICM tune from a file on the computer to the programmer like what's done with an SCT? Just never heard of anything of that sort from superchips.

01PSD

Reaction score
Came in the mail today, we'll be installing tonight when he gets off of work around 1 possibly.. or tomorrow morning LOL

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if you pay 300 you do, if you only pay the 200 you get the loaner and have to send it back.

01PSD

Reaction score
Yeah he wasn't aware of any "option", he just went on IDP's website and saw it was 300 bucks and bought it. :shrug: I think it's definitely worth it though

01PSD

Reaction score
The tune loading process went flawlessly... took 2-3 minutes probably. Just plug it in, turn the key switch on and off a few times so the device can pull your stock file out and load the tune up.. and you're ready to go! The tune probably loaded in less than 30 seconds I'd say. Throttle response is MUCH better and it seems to be fueling a little harder as well. Great product IDP!!

01PSD

Reaction score
It only came with one preloaded onto it; however, the box also included a cable so you can hook it up to a computer... so I'm assuming you can have different tunes (mild, moderate, race) loaded onto it if you need them

Latest posts

Members online