IH water pump with filter.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Thought I would update this thread to clear up what needs to be clearanced for the fan belt. There was not a clear picture on what needed to be ground down so here is a picture for future people doing this pump. I used a end mill but a grinder would have taken care of it too. Also I used a oem international pump and it had no casting numbers where the pulley bolts to the fan, seems like the aftermarket pumps have the numbers in the pump?

be162f90.jpg

161dd706.jpg

Last edited:

Got4wd

Reaction score
So before I tear out my water pump. Is there enough removed on the pump to clear the fan belt? I can't find a picture where the pump is mounted and the fan belt is on to see how close the belt is to the pump.

232df887.jpg

Got4wd

Reaction score
That looks perfect. Too perfect in fact. Did you do it in a mill?

Shawn

Wife's nail file. Lol. Yes end mill. Now only if my fitting will come in. They are hard to find in steel. 45 fittings not very common.

AZStang

Reaction score
Wife's nail file. Lol. Yes end mill. Now only if my fitting will come in. They are hard to find in steel. 45 fittings not very common.

Looks good.

Which fitting? I don't have any 45° fittings on mine.

Shawn

Got4wd

Reaction score
Looks good.

Which fitting? I don't have any 45° fittings on mine.

Shawn

Everything I have read says to run the 45 fittings for the degas and heater hose. Just like in this picture from this thread

th_9192d6ed.jpg

AZStang

Reaction score
Everything I have read says to run the 45 fittings for the degas and heater hose. Just like in this picture from this thread

th_9192d6ed.jpg

Never heard that one before. Mine are both straight and have had no issues for over 4 years now.

Shawn

Got4wd

Reaction score
Never heard that one before. Mine are both straight and have had no issues for over 4 years now.

Shawn

Hmmm maybe if you get a chance take a picture of where the hoses connect to the fittings? Do you think the 45 fittings make the hoses fit better? Better angle?

AZStang

Reaction score
I do think the 45° fittings would help slightly - the heater hose connection the most. Though not entirely necessary. If you got them on order, go with them. I just have straight brass fittings from Ace Hardware on mine though.

Shawn

AZStang

Reaction score
I received a PM from Peroni looking for the size of the o-ring on the water pump valve. Figured I'd post it here for all to see. The o-ring below was in pretty rough shape and it broke when I tried to remove it, so I would use the dimensions of the valve itself for determining correct o-ring size.

Based on the measurements below, I'd say it's a -205 o-ring.

Shawn

Got4wd

Reaction score
I received a PM from Peroni looking for the size of the o-ring on the water pump valve. Figured I'd post it here for all to see. The o-ring below was in pretty rough shape and it broke when I tried to remove it, so I would use the dimensions of the valve itself for determining correct o-ring size.

Based on the measurements below, I'd say it's a -205 o-ring.

Shawn

Well it looks like my o ring is leaking. I can pull it with the pump still on the truck right?

AZStang

Reaction score
You should be able to change the o-ring without pulling the pump. Will probably want to remove the belt for access. You will need an angled snap ring pliers as well - and an inspection mirror.

I'd just get a Buna-N o-ring from a hydraulics shop rather than International. Hardware store may even have that size as well in Buna-N.

Shawn

Peroni

Reaction score
Well it looks like my o ring is leaking. I can pull it with the pump still on the truck right?

Yes and it's a bitch even with angled snap ring pliers! Mainly because you can't really see in there and have to do everything by feel.

I had to get a whole bag of Viton orings when replacing mine. Let me check if I brought them with me when I moved. If I have em I'll post a few your way.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Yes and it's a bitch even with angled snap ring pliers! Mainly because you can't really see in there and have to do everything by feel.

I had to get a whole bag of Viton orings when replacing mine. Let me check if I brought them with me when I moved. If I have em I'll post a few your way.

I figured it would be easy. :) yes let me know if you have anymore.

You should be able to change the o-ring without pulling the pump. Will probably want to remove the belt for access. You will need an angled snap ring pliers as well - and an inspection mirror.

I'd just get a Buna-N o-ring from a hydraulics shop rather than International. Hardware store may even have that size as well in Buna-N.

Shawn

Thanks for the info.

Peroni

Reaction score
Sorry mate I looked and I did not bring these with me, they're 850 miles away in storage. You should still be able to get one at a hydraulics shop or any heavy equipment dealer.

Latest posts

Members online