IL

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
and what do you need a shop for? what do you need it to do?

need to elaborate a little bit, plz.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if your looking for a shop to use, as in take up space while you work on it, i dont know. you'd be doin good to find that.

if your looking for a shop to do the work, that entirely depends on how far you want to take it. RCD is a shop in peoria. jared will take care of you. i would say mild to moderate builds i wouldnt hesitate to take it there.

if your looking to go all out, i wouldnt look farther than Empire. their in dubuque, IA.

if you would like, call me, you can pick my brain for a bit.

the only thing i ask that you do first, whether you call me or someone else, is you need to sit down with yourself and figure out the budget you have to work with.

what i tell people, is browse all the web sites you can find, and make up your "if i won the lottery wish list". it doesnt matter what is on your list, just start adding to it. this gets you familiar with whats available for your truck. then sit down, and make up a list of things you can actually afford.

you then need to decide on a HP number. this number by no means is your end goal. its a place to start, its just arrow to get you goin in the right direction. some people fall short of their original number and are happy, some reach it, then decide they need to go farther.

you then need to decide on a time frame you want this to happen in.

ill pm you with a couple links to read.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
if your looking for a shop to use, as in take up space while you work on it, i dont know. you'd be doin good to find that.

if your looking for a shop to do the work, that entirely depends on how far you want to take it. RCD is a shop in peoria. jared will take care of you. i would say mild to moderate builds i wouldnt hesitate to take it there.

if your looking to go all out, i wouldnt look farther than Empire. their in dubuque, IA.

if you would like, call me, you can pick my brain for a bit.

the only thing i ask that you do first, whether you call me or someone else, is you need to sit down with yourself and figure out the budget you have to work with.

what i tell people, is browse all the web sites you can find, and make up your "if i won the lottery wish list". it doesnt matter what is on your list, just start adding to it. this gets you familiar with whats available for your truck. then sit down, and make up a list of things you can actually afford.

you then need to decide on a HP number. this number by no means is your end goal. its a place to start, its just arrow to get you goin in the right direction. some people fall short of their original number and are happy, some reach it, then decide they need to go farther.

you then need to decide on a time frame you want this to happen in.

ill pm you with a couple links to read.

Thanks for the reference man. We've got quite a few 7.3 gurus at the shop. If there's something I can't answer, one of my business associates, Breton @ Duramax Tuner (former owner of side action diesel) probably can. Dude is a 7.3 monster.

Jared

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
no problem.

there are only a few premeir 7.3 shops in the country. empire, wop, to name a few.

then, there are thousands of shops that think they can do it, and usually fail, or the stuff they put together doesnt work as well as it should.

your one of the few that think they can, and then actually can. i have talked to a few of the guys that have left your shop, all happy as can be. rode in a few of their trucks, all worked beautifully.

only reason i dont put you on the premeir list, is you have to send your machining out, less you have added some space, and stuff since i last talked to some friends down there. there are very few shops that can do it ALL "in house", and have the facilities, tools, equipment, man power, and knowledge to do just that, from the time it arrives till it leaves, and who's focus is only aftermarket performance. its what they do.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We're actually building 2 gigantic new buildings. One will be the new RCD, and then next door will be a full fuel shop and machine shop. Josh has most of the equipment already purchased waiting on the buildings to be done.
Trust me, the suspense is killing us.
Jared

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
dont ask that. he doesnt know. :poke:

like.....like he was supposed to find out about when they are having their pulls.....jared.....for the get together......jared.....were still waiting.....jared.....:D

he's probably to busy selling convertors or something.

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks for the props guys we appreciate it very much.... If any of you guys are out and about at events this summer feel free to introduce yourself.

036.0l

Reaction score
:whs: If anyone is interested, Mendota is having truck/tractor pulls June 15th. My brother, friend and I will be there pulling our trucks.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
ya, cuz i guess jared has dropped the ball.

june 15th? time? post a link to the rules?

STROKER

Reaction score
I'll probably be at the pull in Mendota, doubt i'll pull though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

truckpullin_75

Reaction score
I'm from Olney, IL. Out in the middle of nowhere, takes almost an hour to get to the nearest interstate. Just got my truck together this spring....just another "daily driver" with 450/400s haha. Don't have all the necessary drivetrain upgrades to pull quite yet but may hit up a few dynos and possibly make a run or two down the strip this summer. Got a brother that lives near Champaign, IL so a mid-state trip wouldn't be out of the question if you guys decide to meet up somewhere.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online