Improving looks on the obs?

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting lights from eBay hids from retro not sure were to get cab lights from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my clear ones with LED bulbs from LMC, they also have orange ones with LED bulbs. And Recon sells the SD style ones that look ok.

Last edited:

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Okay so it's time to make my obs look good. I need ideas and opinions on what you think would look good!

Lights-clear with hids
Bumper- stock or aftermarket?
Hood- cowl or stock?
Grille-stock or billet?
Wheels-17 or18 black or shiny?
Rear bumper- chrome or paint stock?
Wheel trim- none or black or new stainless

2011-07-12_21-10-24_802.jpg

2011-07-01_18-45-18_915.jpg
Looks fine man, just take it all apart and repaint it if anything. And you'll feel like you got a new truck

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting lights from eBay hids from retro not sure were to get cab lights from

You can get the cab light wire harness from Ford for $15-25. And find a Truck in a junkyard with cab lights still on it. It dont have to be a 94-97. Im pretty sure they used the same cab light clear back in the late 70's.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I got my clear ones with LED bulbs from LMC, they also have orange ones with LED bulbs. And Recon sells the SD style ones that look ok.

Yes LMC gas both clear and Amber with both Incondecent bulbs and LED's.

Like I said before stay away from Recon. My buddy has Recon Cab lites on his 00 7.3, they got little crack lines in them from I guess the cold and moisture all in them.

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
I would also search CL for a bumper cause the junk yards i have been to around here trying to replace my front bumper want $200+.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Headlights that is, not sure on bulbs but I know retrosolutions sells led reeplacement bulbs aand for a good price too!

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Bryan get your lights from paul at cp they look the best on our trucks honestly

Yeah I would go with Paul At CP. You could get damn near the same light that Paul has on Ebay. But its prolly more expensive. Or cheaper built. Plus its just way better dealing with Paul(an OBS guy through and through) then Ebay.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Pual will most likely be getting my buisness I have been wanting to by from him for a long time now!

Do it. Hell Ive only bought one thing from him so far and he gave me really good service. I have many future plans, like a clutch and Stancor GPR.

Ausm7499

Reaction score
Don't know if it was mentioned yet but I would do aluminum bed caps and polish them the headache rack, toolbox, and your steps to a mirror finish. If you are looking to go with 37's I would get some nice chrome or black w/chrome 20's.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
anyone mentioned dodge recon cab lights on the ol-girl? i know you went on the rant bout recon but dont buy the LMC clear replacements. they work intermintly comming form many sources

Latest posts

Members online