in need of some help

Diesel23

Reaction score
Hey guys , I posted the other day for info and got what I needed
The problem today same truck it's an 04
My son in law was working on a buddies of his's truck , his buddy insisted his buddy help out. They were working on changing injectors out
, long story short the idiot dropped the torx bit and it fell in oil run off and into head !! :fustrate:
So should I presume it's sitting on top of cylinder? Or in head where does oil run off lead to ?
Can the passenger side head be pulled cab on ?
Any help would be appreciated as always

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Was the torx bit not attached to a socket end?

The oil run offs go straight down to pan. It's probably sitting on the upper oil pan right now.

webb06

Reaction score
Hey guys , I posted the other day for info and got what I needed

The problem today same truck it's an 04

My son in law was working on a buddies of his's truck , his buddy insisted his buddy help out. They were working on changing injectors out

, long story short the idiot dropped the torx bit and it fell in oil run off and into head !! :fustrate:

So should I presume it's sitting on top of cylinder? Or in head where does oil run off lead to ?

Can the passenger side head be pulled cab on ?

Any help would be appreciated as always

Drain the oil and you might get lucky and it'll come out. Otherwise fish a magnet around through the drain plug for it. Next step would be to pull the pan which can be done cab on just gotta unhook motor mounts.

That's all suggested if you know for sure it fell all the way through the oil drain hole in the head. I'd get a small magnet to run through the head before I pull the pan off.

Latest posts

Members online