Injector Cleaner

Arisley

Reaction score
Sea Foam!

:whs:

First time I used it, it made a huge difference. After that it is just maintenance, you only notice the difference if you don't do it.

Drain fuel bowl, replace filter, fill bowl with seafoam. Replace lid on bowl, pour the rest of the can in the tank. Bust off the motor. Most of the seafoam will end up in the tank. Most of the cleaning will happen within the first fifteen seconds or so. But it will continue to work until that tank is gone. I actually notice slightly less performance and fuel mileage during that tank. But it comes right back on the next tank. I also try to remember to add a quart of two stroke oil to each tank of fuel. Keeps the injectors happy.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
I thought seafoam was no good? Atleast thats what i recall reading but i i guess i read wrong, its worth a shot. I put some lucas cleaner in and she dont like it at all. Sputterin at low rpm and smoking to all hell at idle then next light shes brand new. Gonna top the tank off tomorrow to thin it out. Then ill try the seafoam.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I use Sea Foam when replacing the fuel filter also. Lucas is decent stuff, but its cleaning abilities are no where near Sea Foam. It is more of a lubricant than a cleaner.

I use the Power Stroke Diesel Cetane Booster every tank also...

7point3

Reaction score
Diesel Kleen, when I don't feel like waiting for Opti-lube XPD to come in. Other than lubricity both are supposed to be pretty fair injector cleaners.

Arisley

Reaction score
i use the full force diesel and really haven't noticed any difference.

Pretty much any of the cleaners mentioned here will work. If you put it in and didn't notice any difference, it just means your injectors are clean.

The first time I used it on my truck, I could tell the difference very quickly. After that, I can't tell when I use it at all. I keep using it just to keep it that way.

I only use it when I change my fuel filters.

Viking

Reaction score
I just put in diesel kleen, and got got hot shots secret in the mail with a free bottle of fire power. I guess I will see how it goes.

Diesel Kleen is running a $4 dollar rebate on the 80oz bottle with a nice celebrity endorsement from Uncle Ted.

Latest posts

Members online