Injector issues

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Sunday afternoon driving home, I rolled into the throttle a little over half way, and once I hit about 65 or so I let off. As soon as I got back on the throttle I noticed a bad vibration. Pulled codes and came up with p0263 and p0266. Cleared the codes and started it up. Same rough idle and now gray smoke. Pulled codes again, got p006b and p0263. Went to ford and got a new injector and installed it. cleared codes, fired it up, and was rewarded with same rough idle and gray smoke, only now I get p006b p0263 p0301 and u3f07. I'm going to tear it back down in the morning, do you guys have any recommendations on where to look?

78f100

Reaction score
You need to have a contribution balance test done, so you can see the actual cylinder causing the issue. You had codes for cylinder 1 and 2, what one did you replace?

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Since cylinder 1 was the only one that kept coming back I replaced that one. Looking at what all was involved to get the valve cover off I was glad it was passenger side. Unfortunately this is turning into my first go round with the disappointment of attempting to fix a 6.4

Lipka101 no I did not

Reaction score
Since cylinder 1 was the only one that kept coming back I replaced that one. Looking at what all was involved to get the valve cover off I was glad it was passenger side. Unfortunately this is turning into my first go round with the disappointment of attempting to fix a 6.4

Lipka101 no I did not
Check blow-by. If unsure whether the blowby Is significant, post video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Just got it back together again, didn't notice anything I left undone or anything damaged. Cleared codes, reloaded tune just in case and fired it up. Sounds like an old 2cyl tractor warming up, pull the oil cap and again reminds me of an old tractor firing up puffing smoke.

So now it's time to find someone reasonably close to okc to put pistons in, and then figure out how to pay for it

Reaction score
I thought your description sounded like a dead piston.
Plenty of help around here, ask away if you need it.

I went through a similar event this summer. Plenty of others have also.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Just got it back together again, didn't notice anything I left undone or anything damaged. Cleared codes, reloaded tune just in case and fired it up. Sounds like an old 2cyl tractor warming up, pull the oil cap and again reminds me of an old tractor firing up puffing smoke.

So now it's time to find someone reasonably close to okc to put pistons in, and then figure out how to pay for it

Our shop is located in Joplin,MO. 3-4 hours from you if you can't find another place closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen, now I'll start researching what all should be replaced while it's down. If I'm lucky enough that all the cylinder walls are good, any problem with just slapping new pistons, lifters, pushrods and rockers in myself?

webb06

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen, now I'll start researching what all should be replaced while it's down. If I'm lucky enough that all the cylinder walls are good, any problem with just slapping new pistons, lifters, pushrods and rockers in myself?

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsvrrider

Reaction score
Webb06, good news thank you.

Mike D, little under 195k.

I guess I should consider myself lucky, I bought it at 160, guy I got it from worked it pretty hard and the only issue he had was e g r

Latest posts

Members online