Injector question

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for a little help. I am getting 140cc split shot injectors with gearhead tunes for my 97. I want to make sure that I don't need to do anything else to my truck to run these. I know that split shots aren't the best but I am getting the injectors for my stock cores so it one heck of a deal.

The truck currently has tymar intake, gauges, and a 5in straight pipe.

davey99ps

Reaction score
You'll be fine, for now. For the first few days you'll be happy, an then the bug bites an your gonna want more power.

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
Well i know with 160 cc single shots you'll run outta oil near the end of a WOT run with a stock hpop. but idk if split shots require less oil than stage ones. Maybe someone can verify if they do or not, but i would look at a modded 17 hpop foor the future.

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
Split's both require more oil and the split shot P&B by design NEEDS higher fuel pressure to protect it. My bet is you will pick up a little power, but a lot of smoke and EGT's with a corresponding drop in fuel mileage. They would run decent with electric fuel and 17* oil but in the end they are still splits...yuk

95powersmoker

Reaction score
They will be fine. With hotter tunes you will probably set a code for HPOP because AD's are oil hungry little baztards...

Tom S

Reaction score
A larger HPOP is very helpful once you step away from the stock injectors for sure. There are lots of options out there. I would suggest you do some research. I am happy with my 17 deg pump with the Swamps Baby injectors that I have.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
We know that this aint the best set up to run but i was able to get these injectors for free for trade with cores. We figured we would do this right now because it is a step up in performance. He has rode in my truck with FF stage ones, srp1 and gearhead tunes and wanted to go that route. Money is tight for both of us right now and this came up so we jumped on it. When things stabilze to where we can really go big we are gonna do hybrids and a 42r. But for now this is the route we are gonna go and yes maybe we will get an srp1 in the works.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Get a set of 2's bahahahaha..... JK

Take the leap buddy and get a set of 160's or 250/100 or similar 238/100's, 238/80's, or something like that and then just go from there.

Anything you do though, is going to require an oil upgrade to be "healthy" then you will need air, fuel, PR, VS, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and.......get the picture....LOL LOL LOL

NOTE: at about the part where it says then you will need.........Is where everyone on here stamps you with ADDICT!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I don't know if y'all read my first post but I know that these aren't the best injectors but I am not paying a penny for them. I am getting them new for my stock cores. So how about you guys help me out on this a not rip on my decision because I am pretty sure that half of you would take the deal if you had the offer.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
I don't know if y'all read my first post but I know that these aren't the best injectors but I am not paying a penny for them. I am getting them new for my stock cores. So how about you guys help me out on this a not rip on my decision because I am pretty sure that half of you would take the deal if you had the offer.

I've already stated as well as a few others here, You will be fine with some tuning...

I ran AB's in my truck for a couple weeks...

There are a handful of guys running OBS trucks with splits around here... It's not highly desired but they work.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
I'm sorry if you think I was bashing at what you are doing and I am far from it. All I was saying is I think Matt would agree that those injectors, to run more efficient, require more oil. I think that you would be better suited with a set of 160cc injectors if you could swing it. Can you? I dunno? Sell the splits, and use that cash to buy you a set of donor injectors and have Nate make them to 160cc or something? I'm just saying you could have more cc with less oil use. Sure your splits your getting will be fine, but I think that you will be very limited to what you can do with them as far as tuneability. I may be totally wrong but I know matt will agree that the stock 15* HPOP is going to have one heck of a time keeping up. I'm interested to see how it turns out and hope that it works flawlessly for you. :thumbup:
Sorry if I came off as an ***

Hey guys, I am looking for a little help. I am getting 140cc split shot injectors with gearhead tunes for my 97. I want to make sure that I don't need to do anything else to my truck to run these. I know that split shots aren't the best but I am getting the injectors for my stock cores so it one heck of a deal.

The truck currently has tymar intake, gauges, and a 5in straight pipe.

mallardslayer07

Reaction score
Thats the way to go. I know that i enjoyed mine, but just like everyone else says....it wont be enough lol. I wanted to go bigger like a year into mine haha. Not trying to get off topic of the thread but here is pictures of my old truck with stage 160cc injectors.

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

Members online

No members online now.