Injector question

DIE5EL

Reaction score
97 f-350, 308,000 miles, factory transmission, engine has hpx, intake, exhaust, TS 6 w/factory tunes.

In the morning going to work I've recently developed a ping sound from I'm assuming an injector. It goes away when I drive for a few mins. I also have a stumble from a dead stop, or when I roll into the throttle. Does not matter what tune it is in. ( ping started faintly before chip).

I have a snap on scanner and ran an injector buzz test. All the injectors were loud and the same. It fails with a p1293 code. High side bank 1 open I think it said. Truck runs dang good but slight stumble ( intermittent).

I ran a contribution and failed 8 I believe. I put a CPS in it a year ago. I'm monitoring the ICP and IPR. 2500 psi at 34%. Only codes are for EBPV stuff. My question is, is this a typical signs of injector takin a dump? Or IDM? I've looked at the harnesses and drivers bank has a new gasket and injector harnesses on it last year. Nothing looks burnt. I need to ohm it to be sure but wanted to pick your brains untill I get around to it.

Thanks

Sent from my ifone

DIE5EL

Reaction score
Ok I will do that in a little bit, I haven't driven it today . Hopefully 1 shows its ugly face. Thanks

Sent from my ifone

Andrew

Reaction score
That sounds like an injector not firing for sure. Good luck with the buzz hope it shows up. Sounds like an upgrade to me.

DIE5EL

Reaction score
That sounds like an injector not firing for sure. Good luck with the buzz hope it shows up. Sounds like an upgrade to me.

That may sound like a good plan . But my check book says different lol. I suspect a faulty injector regardless . When I had valve covers off , I notices the injectors had international part numbers, so I assume you are factory or were replace with factory ones at one time. Idk. PO never said anything about replacement. Idk we will see in a few hours .

Sent from my ifone

DIE5EL

Reaction score
If needed I have budget reman injectors that can be purchased 1 at a time in stock.

Alright good to know. I ran the buzz test with the truck cold. Every one buzzed loud and clear. Still failed with a p1293 ( I think that what it said) I guess I'll look at the gasket and harness next. Like I said, it runs dang good for the most part.
Thanks

Sent from my ifone

Latest posts

Members online