Injector suggestions?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've got a 97 5 speed and I went with the full force stage 1s. 160/30s. Stock turbo, honey badger jr hpop and e fuel. It runs awesome and tows awesome and gets good mpg. It's just a work truck but I've never been like " I need more with it".

KYpatriot

Reaction score
There is a good thread on here about the drop in turbos and towing, the consensus was that the basb/t4 set up is ideal for towing for quicker boost build. I didn't know about it and replaced my uppipes, installed a deleted ebpv pedestal, gutted ebpv housing, and a brute66 with a 1.0 housing. After doing all that it would not have been much more money to go with the t4/basb setup and be done with it.

All that being said, my truck turns close to 2400 rpm at 70mph and so i am having no problems with the brute66. Those who didnt like it were turning much less rpm and were getting a lot of smoke.

The absolute best thing in my opinion that you can do for towing is an intercooler, so if you ho with stage2s and plan on doing any towing at all id consider that a must have.

Reaction score
^^^^^This... As long as rpms were up with the d66, it was cool and no smoke, but acceleration to get rpms up was hot and smoky. I had to just about drop outta OD to keep rpms up and make turbo happy, I also have zf5 with 3.55s as well... The D66 was bad In the mountains, especially in the national park. People cruising at 35 put me either 3000 rpm in 2nd, or 16-1700 rpm in 3rd, and was hot and Smokey at that rpm in 3rd. Now I can lug it down to that rpm and cruise up the mountain all day at that speed in 3rd, and never even break 800, before I'd been we'll above 1200 trying to do that

Swaan

Reaction score
When I had the basb it was happiest between 1500-2500 rpm.
Pulled real nice at 1900-2100

When I had s366 with bobs ww11 it didn't like anything below 2000 rpm. Pulled best at 2400-2500 rpm

Latest posts

Members online