injector tunning?

Clouse2411

Reaction score
Well i recently upgraded to farmers 400/400 injectors and my truck is running like crap since I put it back together. Got the tune for them and everything, still runs bad. Some of the injectors are returning more oil than the others. I was thinking it was an injector problem so I called farmers and they said to take the solenoids off the injectors that are returning poorly and turn whatever is under there 180* and try it again. Does this make since to anyone? And what is this doing to my injectors? Any tips are appriated. It idles poorly and doesnt seem like all the power is there with them.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Well i recently upgraded to farmers 400/400 injectors and my truck is running like crap since I put it back together. Got the tune for them and everything, still runs bad. Some of the injectors are returning more oil than the others. I was thinking it was an injector problem so I called farmers and they said to take the solenoids off the injectors that are returning poorly and turn whatever is under there 180* and try it again. Does this make since to anyone? And what is this doing to my injectors? Any tips are appriated. It idles poorly and doesnt seem like all the power is there with them.

Partially makes sense...Sounds like he might think the poppets aren't clocked properly, but I would think if they were just received they should be...

Clouse2411

Reaction score
I thought the same exact thing. Not to bad mouth them but they were about 4 or 5 weeks behind when I should've had them. Is there a way to get them exactly where they need to be so I'm not toying around with them for hours?

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Under the solenoid is the armature plate, it should be either a small torx, or allen. What you are looking to do is find that slight "catch" and it can be very slight, where the poppet falls into the groove in the seat. Then carefully retighten the screw hoping to keep the armature plate lined up correctly.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Here is a pdf of the parts...

Poppet Valve PG1.jpg

Poppet Valve pg2.jpg

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
If you turn the armature plate you should feel a very slight catch, at that point you want to realign the armature plate and tighten the screw fully. Good luck. Hope you find this to be the issue, as it is an easy fix.

907DAVE

Reaction score
That "catch" is only there on used injectors, right?

Are these not new/ rebuilt injectors?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
....so I called farmers and they said to take the solenoids off the injectors that are returning poorly and turn whatever is under there 180* and try it again. Does this make since to anyone? And what is this doing to my injectors?...

Wow....really?
If he doesn't know that he messed up the poppet seat they will never work right.
That's what flow testing is all about. I don't know for sure if he flows them or not. I'd bet they were not flow tested, if they were he would have found any issues in the poppet area that would make him think turning the poppet would do any good.
And if not why in the world would you build/sell an injector that big without lots of time on the flow bench flow matching them?
Just saying....

Good advice above, however. You need to find that "catch" as it was put, it's the original seat for the poppet. It's the best chance you have to get them to seal. If you can't find it it might never seal up. Or at least take a year or so of daily driving to maybe make a new seat.

Otherwise have you checked ICP, duty cycle, etc?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Wow....really?
If he doesn't know that he messed up the poppet seat they will never work right.
That's what flow testing is all about. I don't know for sure if he flows them or not. I'd bet they were not flow tested, if they were he would have found any issues in the poppet area that would make him think turning the poppet would do any good.
And if not why in the world would you build/sell an injector that big without lots of time on the flow bench flow matching them?
Just saying....

Good advice above, however. You need to find that "catch" as it was put, it's the original seat for the poppet. It's the best chance you have to get them to seal. If you can't find it it might never seal up. Or at least take a year or so of daily driving to maybe make a new seat.

Otherwise have you checked ICP, duty cycle, etc?

:whs:

pjwoolw

Reaction score

So how did it run before the injector swap?

Clouse2411

Reaction score
The truck ran awesome with my stage ones in it.

ICP and duty pressure are decently good for a stock 15* I will upload a couple of videos of it running.

pjwoolw

Reaction score
Which injectors are you running now? 400/400 I would expect DDs. What is commanded and actual pressure are you seeing ICP wise at idle?

Maybe a little history about your rig might be helpful.

Clouse2411

Reaction score
I was running a stealth diy kit before this and ran like absolute crap. Talked to a guy at farmers and he said I could get away with a stock 17* with these. I had the 15* laying around so I through that one.

Just went out and it fired right up and ICP was at 850ish psi at 15% dc

Latest posts

Members online