injector tunning?

pjwoolw

Reaction score
There could certainly be issues with the injectors. But without any data or knowledge of supporting mods and tunes how could one say for certain. Could be the a few o rings got pinched during the install. Who knows at this point. After all a 400/400 injector driven by a who knows how old 15* HPOP is questionable.

Clouse2411

Reaction score
mods are 400/400 farmer DD injectors with fuel and oil side mod, regulated return fuel system with an Airdog, TS chip with farmers tune, idm mod, smith brothers push rods, main and headstuds, new lpop, intercooled, s475 with t4 irate t4 mount, intake and exhaust, double disc clutch

pjwoolw

Reaction score
Just my .02 cents but your asking allot of that HPOP. Did you relay all this information to Farmer's for troubleshooting purposes?

Clouse2411

Reaction score
I understand that, but would that cause my problem with returning oil at IDLE?

And yes, farmers knows about my setup and problem.

Gearhead

Reaction score
That big of a nozzle will have an imbalance at idle because you have a large quantity of fuel minimum.

woodduck97

Reaction score
I don't think the pump would make it that bad at a idle... hell I noticed no difference really when I went from a 15* to the srp1 with 300//200 injectors. Maybe its farmers tunes. They usually are good at working the land.

pjwoolw

Reaction score
I'd take the rig out and run it and save some data logs. I assume you have AE or something capable of doing so. Get some hard data at operating temperature.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Lets re-cap this real quick.

Engine runs like crap, not sure if its only at idle or not.

Injector spouts spilling uneven amount of oil.

I dont think his complain was a total lack of power, but more like a bad running engine.

If his pump was weak would the engine run bad, or just be a smokey turd that makes no power?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Why not log data when the engine is cold?

Does that not matter anymore?

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Farmers.jpg

Thats Weird, I always thought his place looked like this...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
First off a stock 15* will not keep up to those at all, that's why it has no power.
But idle shouldn't matter.

How many miles have you put on them ?

That being said from Mikes comments only furthers how much of a moron he is.

Here ill do ya a favor 17405691319. That's the number to a local place in OHIO by you. His name is Nate, and he actually has a clue at what he's doing when it comes to injectors. (If it turns out to be the problem, save yourself the headache from an idiot who thinks 10ms is a good pw to test injectors at)

pjwoolw

Reaction score
mods are 400/400 farmer DD injectors with fuel and oil side mod, regulated return fuel system with an Airdog, TS chip with farmers tune, idm mod, smith brothers push rods, main and headstuds, new lpop, intercooled, s475 with t4 irate t4 mount, intake and exhaust, double disc clutch

Just to get some more background on your tuning. Was the tune or tunes you were sent specifically for the injectors your running now? Who was or is your tuner of choice and have you contacted them?

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
First off a stock 15* will not keep up to those at all, that's why it has no power.
But idle shouldn't matter.

How many miles have you put on them ?

That being said from Mikes comments only furthers how much of a moron he is.

Here ill do ya a favor 17405691319. That's the number to a local place in OHIO by you. His name is Nate, and he actually has a clue at what he's doing when it comes to injectors. (If it turns out to be the problem, save yourself the headache from an idiot who thinks 10ms is a good pw to test injectors at)
:whs:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If it idles bad... Would not the 850 PSI @ a Idle point o a bad idle??? That right there would make it Idle REALLY BAD!!!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
To be honest if it was cold it would idle at a higher ICP until it settled down, the next problem is because these differ from a hybrid so much whose to say 850 isnt a good idle icp. Afterall he said he got the tune from Farmers or by his recommendations ?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
To be honest if it was cold it would idle at a higher ICP until it settled down, the next problem is because these differ from a hybrid so much whose to say 850 isnt a good idle icp. Afterall he said he got the tune from Farmers or by his recommendations ?

Yea I hear you... BUT 850 is to high!! WAY to high for any injector... I would not be shocked if it has a really loopy idle.. cold and hot...

I mean 650 is to high for my Injectors cold or hot... Should be 500 ro 550 or less if need be...

The higher flowing the injector the less PSI oil they seem to need @ a Idle...

I would say 850 is to high... I dont care what you have for a Injector.. That is even to high for a STOCK injector!!

I should have soom tunning done before anything else imho

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yea I hear you... BUT 850 is to high!! WAY to high for any injector... I would not be shocked if it has a really loopy idle.. cold and hot...

I mean 650 is to high for my Injectors cold or hot... Should be 500 ro 550 or less if need be...

The higher flowing the injector the less PSI oil they seem to need @ a Idle...

I would say 850 is to high... I dont care what you have for a Injector.. That is even to high for a STOCK injector!!

I should have soom tunning done before anything else imho

UNLESS - you have a really low injection ratio injector. A "DD" is a lower ratio injector. With a lower injection ratio it takes more ICP just to be able to reach the pop off pressure of the nozzle tip - which is another variable that if it has been increased significantly also needs higher ICP to overcome.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
And that is true Jason.... I guess I never looked @ it like that.... BUT I have not seen anywhere were it said the "pop" off nozzle pressure has been changed...

In order to say what is right and wrong... We need more details on the injectors....

Latest posts

Members online