injectors, tunes, and turbo?

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Good to know, I wasn't gonna upgrade the fuel just yet, and if I do I'm not gonna waste my time and money on a fass or ad2, I'll build my own setup. It's more than proven itself on my 7.3.

That was kinda the reason for not doing nozzles either wanted to leave the fuel system alone for now. Finish feeling the hurt from the laundry list of parts I just bought.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Yeah, i have those for a few reasons....since it matters to you :shrug:

Your saying you have only heard good things....I have tried them so you have no foot to stand on. Im not one of his little cheerleaders. I dont like them and thats that. After 3 revisions my truck finally started, ICP was terribly high and my truck missed bad. I was clear as day about my injectors and what was done with them it should have been a no brainer to get it to run right, another excuse was it had the wrong startup strategy. He said he couldnt achieve early lockup, etc.....Then dealing with his goon sidekick Jimmy Phillips is just as terrible.

You guys want customer service, go on nates site and find his number to call when you have an issue. If I cant pick up the phone and call someone then they are no good to me. If someone wants to hide behind facebook and forums more power to them, but they dont have my business I dont give a **** how awesome they are.

Like I said, stick with who works and has to most experience. You wont beat gearhead and Innovatives customer service. Trucks are to expensive to let a novice learn on your truck

Sounds a little harsh... so you tried a tune? He sent you a bunch of revisions? Did his best to fix it? Sounds like he was communicating with you just fine and providing good customer service (its hard to get 3 revisions out of any tuner). Did he end up giving you your money back? Or did he just send you one tune, no revisions, and when it did not work he blew you off? Sounds to me like you are being pretty harsh on a guy who usually gets awesome reviews and did his best to try and get you taken care of.

I sell lots of tunes, write tunes, and have tried almost every tuner out there. I have not had 100% success with any tuner. I have personally had similar problems with some of the best tuners... But I don't bash them if they have a 99% success rate with one or two guys that were not happy.

In fact I have only ever heard of one person complain and I have only seen it on facebook... its the same guy over and over again that bashes WPE any time anyone asks a question on the 6.0 powerstroke page. It might have even been you??? I don't know usernames vs facebook.

I love TSD, Gearhead, and WPE tuning... I sell those tunes all day long to my customers and they are always happy.

stroke6.0

Reaction score
Good to know, I wasn't gonna upgrade the fuel just yet, and if I do I'm not gonna waste my time and money on a fass or ad2, I'll build my own setup. It's more than proven itself on my 7.3.

That was kinda the reason for not doing nozzles either wanted to leave the fuel system alone for now. Finish feeling the hurt from the laundry list of parts I just bought.

Can never go wrong with an a1000

KCTurbos

Reaction score
If the powermax is a good deal then I say go for it... but MAKE SURE to add a billet wheel, it makes a huge difference.

175/stock and a good billet pmax or stage 2 turbo should put your right around 475-535hp... but keep in mind that even with 175/stock you should monitor fuel pressure, they can still drop FP on a stock pump.

I can get you set up with a KC stage 2 64mm vgt turbo and some 175/stock for a good price. I can even get you a little combo deal discount and tunes if you are interested.

thuglike

Reaction score
Any info on Dyno Proven tunes?

Rykan from Holders and Josh from Dark Horse run Cassie's tunes. She has solid tunes. All revised on the dyno. I can say this.... you try our tunes and if we can't put a perma grin on your face ...Money back!!

You have nothing to lose.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
There is always that option too. I built my 7.3 system using 2 99+ 7.3 oem pumps, with pre/post filters, it doesn't drop below 63 psi in my hottest setting and they are feeding 250/200's. With the price of those pumps cheap and I have 1 already as a back up you can see where I might be going.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Rykan from Holders and Josh from Dark Horse run Cassie's tunes. She has solid tunes. All revised on the dyno. I can say this.... you try our tunes and if we can't put a perma grin on your face ...Money back!!

You have nothing to lose.

Can't shake a stick at that, I was just on your Website today is a matter of fact hence why I asked about your tunes!

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
If the powermax is a good deal then I say go for it... but MAKE SURE to add a billet wheel, it makes a huge difference.

175/stock and a good billet pmax or stage 2 turbo should put your right around 475-535hp... but keep in mind that even with 175/stock you should monitor fuel pressure, they can still drop FP on a stock pump.

I can get you set up with a KC stage 2 64mm vgt turbo and some 175/stock for a good price. I can even get you a little combo deal discount and tunes if you are interested.

The powermax is a great deal, it's slightly used but that's ok and about 400 less than I can find on a new one.

Latest posts

Members online