Injectors

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
I have a 94 powerstroke with the manual 5 speed trans. I am putting electronic fuel in it and want to run 180cc 30% injectors. Will my truck be able to handle that size injector with just upgrading to electronic fuel and staying with stock turbo and hpop? I do have a wicked wheel impeller along with 3in downpipe to 4in exhaust and s&b intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjsalz

Reaction score
What fuel pump did you decide to go with? And do you have gauges yet?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jjsalz

Reaction score
I started with the Bosch super duty pump, and 200/100 hybrids, and only noticed a pressure drop of about 3-5 psi on my hotter tunes. I upgraded to an A1000 and now that pressure drop is gone. I'd say you'll be just fine with your 180/30 injectors, at least from my experiences.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
Okay only thing I was worried about is being that the obs 7.3s don't have a 17 degree hpop and didn't know if It could keep up with the oil demand. Also with the stock turbo being able to clear the injector with those size injectors.

OldButSexy44

Reaction score
And Do i have to worry about doing head steads or valve springs with those size injectors as well?

superpsd

Reaction score
The stock hpop may not keep up on hotter tunes. In that case you will have to upgrade. You can try it out and see if it supplies enough to keep the injectors fed. If ICP is low you won't hurt anything. You can hurt the injectors with low fuel pressure. That is why many go with hybrids as they use less high pressure oil. Head studs and valve springs are good insurance items. Typically not needed under 400hp. Some have put down 500+ with stock headbolts but it comes down to tuning at that point. Cross the cylinder pressure threshold and somethinga going to give. Valve springs have a lot to do with backpressure and spinning the engine harder. You can run the stock charger but it may be a little dirty on hot tunes. Many have ran the stock charger to the 400hp level many times. Plan on an upgrade someday. Watch the new KC turbos that are coming out based on the S300 sized chargers. If you have not plan to upgrade to a stronger clutch. I roasted a stock level single mass flywheel clutch in no time and I am only running a mechanical fuel pump with 350/200s detuned so not likely even 400hp.

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I have a 94 powerstroke with the manual 5 speed trans. I am putting electronic fuel in it and want to run 180cc 30% injectors. Will my truck be able to handle that size injector with just upgrading to electronic fuel and staying with stock turbo and hpop? I do have a wicked wheel impeller along with 3in downpipe to 4in exhaust and s&b intake.

Converting to E-fuel on an OBS truck is one of the best upgrades you can do. Plenty of info on here to help you through it.

You need to decide what your ultimate goal with the truck is going to be.

I don't know if you have an intercooler. If not, you're going to need one.

Do a search for "jeremiahmercier" as he is member here and has/had a 5 speed OBS. He made a lot of informative posts. I can't help you with 5 speed stuff as I have an auto. I have no complaints about my build up.

This quote made by Tim at PIS should help you make a decision on which injector to go with. The 200/80s is a hybrid injector.

There is a reason we make many different sizes of injectors. Each set has a purpose. If not we would make one size and let it ride.

160/30 - works well with stock turbo and hpop
175/80 - works great with upgraded turbo and upgraded hpop (uses exact same hpo volume as stock AD's)
200/80 - will give you almost exact same outcome as our 175/80, but with using stock hpop. They tend to dyno almost the same on the same setup. This is due to 7:1 vs 5:1 ratios.

Pretty simple. If you are told to skip a certain size just be aware of what you are getting into. If you want to call us for accurate info on our product and place your order we are happy to answer the phone, or actually return your call.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Chris2590

Reaction score
E-fuel in my book is a must in my book with any injectors over stock. If you send me a pm I can show you a video of the pressure drop I was getting before and after e-fuel with 200/200 injectors.
I just got a 17 degree hpop because my 300k 15 degree pump won't keep up either. Excited to get that installed. You might be ok running smaller injectors but a bigger hpop is a good upgrade anyways and they're not crazy expensive.
Good luck man

Chris2590

Reaction score
Like jjsalz said I notice a pressure drop even with a super duty pump fuel pump especially if my filters are getting dirty but it's not much compared to what it was with the cam driven fuel pump. Pressure would drop dangerously low almost instantly at even half throttle.

superpsd

Reaction score
I don't have such a horrible drop with my mechanical pump with 350/200s tuned to probably mid 300s for street. But I do have a new pump, spin on filter, and aeromotive regulator.

Chris2590

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure my tanks are pretty plugged up. My lift pump was only about a year old though.
350/200s I bet those are fun

superpsd

Reaction score
Plenty of fuel left untapped. I have a couple of SD fuel pumps when I get around to setting up the fuel system the way I want it. I dialed in a tune for the truck that is fun, pulls good, and is pretty clean out the pipe. Not much more than a small gray haze upon hard acceleration.

superpsd

Reaction score
Idles like a stock truck without a chip even. I even have a tune that will idle at 400 rpms perfectly smooth. I pulled a bunch of timing in that tune and have another file that idles at 400 rpm quietly. These injectors are not hybrids they are a one off set of B codes I built.

Last edited:

Chris2590

Reaction score
Idles like a stock truck without a chip even. I even have a tune that will idle at 400 rpms perfectly smooth. I pulled a bunch of timing in that tune and have another file that idles at 400 rpm quietly. These injectors are not hybrids they are a one off set of B codes I built.

Now that's cool. I'd like to learn how to write tunes but I could just see me self destructing my truck if I did something wrong lol.

Latest posts

Members online