Elite 60hp
Air Dog 165
Elite Stage 1 Upgrade Kit
Replace stock HPFP with a newer one
Elite Stage 1 Ported Rails
NADP Trans w/ Standard SC Low stall (1600rpm?) TC
Elite Pushrods

Existing Mods:
ARP Studs, Egr Delete W/Gate, 6.0 Manifolds, Spearco IC, DD CAC, BD BOV, Newton Trac Bars (waiting to be installed)

This build will hopefully be happening near june. Just gathering parts and what not right now. I am open to any thoughts you guys have. Goal is for a good DD setup and a weekend 1/4 mile runner. Will tow the odd 6-8k lbs a year. Huge thanks in advance to Shane "white_monster", he's gonna be coming down again and doing this all cab on. Without him I would never be able to do any of this. He is an awesome dude, straight up, I dont know how many times ive texted him with issues ive had and he's helped me out everytime. He also was the one that did my build #1. Believe it or not, the first time I talked to Shane I asked him what shop was doing all of the work on his truck lol. Thanks again, really looking forward to doing this build with you.

Last edited:

pog

Reaction score
Shanes gonna see if he can get something lined up. He has had the identical setup as the one im going for and said it shouldnt be an issue with stock intake manifold.

pog

Reaction score
Looks fairly close to the build I'm gonna do, except I hadnt planned on doing push rods.

Yah its pretty basic compared to other peoples. But 650+ hp will be more than enough for me.

pog

Reaction score
Why update the stock hpfp with another one?

Having weird issues.. Won't hold frp at wot with tc locked. But jumps to 24k at part throttle and tc locked. Don't really know what the issue is right now.

CamTom12

Reaction score
sub'd. I might be doing some work this spring/summer and was thinking 60's with a newer HPFP and airdog/elite set-up as well.

I'd like to see how it all works out for you!

White_monster

Reaction score
It'll work fine. I retested stock pump, 60's, stage 1 rails and elite stage 2 lp fuel system. On xrace with 2.2pw I was able to hold 24,500psi. My pump has some miles and has seen some less than ideal conditions. Pog you'll be good to go.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Would the stage 2 rails help hold pressure? Higher capacity seems like it'd help ease spikes but I've not seen a set on a truck in person yet.

pog

Reaction score
It'll work fine. I retested stock pump, 60's, stage 1 rails and elite stage 2 lp fuel system. On xrace with 2.2pw I was able to hold 24,500psi. My pump has some miles and has seen some less than ideal conditions. Pog you'll be good to go.

Good news man! Ill figure out what pump I wanna go with.

pog

Reaction score
Would the stage 2 rails help hold pressure? Higher capacity seems like it'd help ease spikes but I've not seen a set on a truck in person yet.

I think it depends if the stock hpfp can keep up with demand to fill those rails. Not totally sure.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
id do the intake manifold if the thing was apart. i truly believe the manifold is a big difference, at least the difference in BFT with my old high power setup was pretty different in smoothness and the way it pulled, and he is on 37's. power felt really similar to my truck on 33's and lowered, but he has about 500lbs on me., just my observation. only thing i disliked was i could hear it a lil more in the cab of his truck.

White_monster

Reaction score
Time is a factor Mike. While I do agree that a intake manifold that is ported helps I'm not seeing the point on this level off build. I had the same build and repeatedly tried to fry a piston or the heads, my heads weren't even decked when I did the hg's due to time constraints and I couldn't make it happen. I tried holding 1760* egt's over and over for 10-15 seconds and this was with this exact build except I twin fuelers. Do I have some magic truck, doubtful. Would a manifold help, you bet but how much. I've been talking with Pog and there is future plans down the road and that's when a manifold will be added. Till then I see no need and I'll dial this setup in for safety, he might be down 20hp but he won't be on the setups edge. Pog I'm stoked for your build, should be solid for you.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
id do the intake manifold if the thing was apart. i truly believe the manifold is a big difference, at least the difference in BFT with my old high power setup was pretty different in smoothness and the way it pulled, and he is on 37's. power felt really similar to my truck on 33's and lowered, but he has about 500lbs on me., just my observation. only thing i disliked was i could hear it a lil more in the cab of his truck.

There is more noise in the cab for sure with the new manifolds.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
yeah, kind of a like air flowing, just sounds louder but not anything from exhaust or valve train.

pog

Reaction score
might mod the stock hpfp if elite comes out with their "bag-of-parts" in time.. jd :poke:
also gonna upgrade the dd cac pipe to an elite twin tube and cfm+ elbow

Latest posts

Members online