Instead of running multiple wires off batteries..

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Can I just run one heavy-er gauge wire off a batter post into the cab, and split it off to different things in there? I have 3 things now, and instead of ring terminals and 3 wires, I want one to clean it up and simplify it.. are there any products out there to do what I'm asking? I can handle electrical, but I'm not a guru by any means lol

taterthedog

Reaction score
You can buy small fuse panels and run a main wire to feed it. I would run a relay off the ignition to supply the main power in. Then when you put in a fuse, the outside terminal has power for whatever accessory you are wanting to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taterthedog

Reaction score
e9a7aved.jpg

Something like this. Should be able to get it at a local parts place.

taterthedog

Reaction score
No problem. I hate "rats nest electrical". Making it neat and doing a good job takes time and patience.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Go to a junkyard and pull a small one of those from under the hood of a small chitty car. Same thing and cheaper.

TERRCO

Reaction score
As long as your supply wire has a fuse as close to the battery as possible you can do whatever the hell you want.

Sent from my Nuclear iPhone

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Yep I always have an online fuse right near the battery

Swung by advance after school.. $6... new product too. Sweet!! Thanks for the help guys. Didn't even think advance would carry this

qadudaze.jpg

Zmann

Reaction score
As long as your supply wire has a fuse as close to the battery as possible you can do whatever the hell you want.

no fuse needed:shrug: the battery will be the fusible link :jawdrop:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If it were me i would put it on an apropriate circuit breaker and not a fuse but thats just me, also a nice junction block for once you get it mounted would be good. they make some universal fuse blocks you could bolt under the dash and run a say 8 gauge or 4 gauge supply wire, just make sure your breaker or fuse is rated for the main wire, i would def fuse between the components and the terminal block too, otherwise you still have a fire hazard

GreenMachine

Reaction score
If it were me i would put it on an apropriate circuit breaker and not a fuse but thats just me, also a nice junction block for once you get it mounted would be good. they make some universal fuse blocks you could bolt under the dash and run a say 8 gauge or 4 gauge supply wire, just make sure your breaker or fuse is rated for the main wire, i would def fuse between the components and the terminal block too, otherwise you still have a fire hazard

Exactly how I did it on my last truck. Circuit breaker at the battery, ran a heavier gauge in and mounted an aux fuse panel under the dash. Then brought all my aftermarket accessories to a fused slot.

When I sold the truck I just removed it and had nothing hacked into my factory box.

Latest posts

Members online