Intake Manifolds: Apex vs GoGo vs Elite

constantfix

Reaction score
Nearly everyone who puts a manifold on does a bunch of other stuff at the same time. It really comes down to what company you want to deal with, and who you feel treats you right.

Great piece of advice. I went with the gogo, but did do a ton of other things at the same time, so I can't give a 'seat of the pants' comparison.

The part in red would be the most important thing IMO & that is up to you & who you want to work with.

Wayne

Reaction score
We plan on having ours flow-benched in the very near future. If this thread is still alive when we get results, we will post them. I assume from a performance aspect that all 3 brands will perform similarly on stock heads though. We have had a bit of difficulty keeping ours in stock, but expect to have some ready to go in 2-3 weeks. Let us know if we can help. Thanks

jdgleason

Reaction score
I have Elite's! The workmanship on it was top notch! J.D. Sent it out immediatly, well packaged and very friendly service!

Thanks buddy! Glad you like it! Keep me informed with how your truck is running!

We plan on having ours flow-benched in the very near future. If this thread is still alive when we get results, we will post them. I assume from a performance aspect that all 3 brands will perform similarly on stock heads though. We have had a bit of difficulty keeping ours in stock, but expect to have some ready to go in 2-3 weeks. Let us know if we can help. Thanks

:whs:

Extended Power

Reaction score
So how are you gonna bench test these?

Attach a stock cylinder head, and hold all of the intake valves open at the full lift value, then flow it, and then switch the intakes?

Wayne

Reaction score
So how are you gonna bench test these?

Attach a stock cylinder head, and hold all of the intake valves open at the full lift value, then flow it, and then switch the intakes?

I couldn't tell you as we don't do it in-house. Perhaps once it's done, I'll have more info.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you as we don't do it in-house. Perhaps once it's done, I'll have more info.

I'm just trying to see where the true benefits are.

Because if "This one" flows 1000 cfm, and "That one" flows 900 cfm, and "The other one" flow 800 cfm...thats great.....but if the stock heads only allow a maximum of 600 cfm...who really cares which one flows the most?

The heads are still the real restriction.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
seems like no one knows how to do their own research now a days :flush:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I built my own, but I wanted the apex, I think it's top notch. Steve's a nice guy also, maybe I'll get one of his manifolds for next build up(hint).

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
September 2011 I was running the Pmax on a stock manifold. The turbo was great in the higher RPM bands. Where is was lacking badly was coming out of 1000-1800 RPMs. Just lagged, needed the TC unlocked to spool. I had the parts together for studs and so the truck went to Strokers Unlimited for the work. Luckly I had a GOGO Stage 1 manifold to add to the mix.

After the GOGO was installed the Pmax responded MUCH better at the low end and was better up top as well. Seat of the pants difference...YOU bet there was. After changing my tuning to TSD's SPD this Pmax/GOGO combo really shined.

I have NO complaints with the GOGO Stage 1, and if you are building a motor a ported manifold better be on the list of parts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.