Intake "Y"

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
today i hooked up my boost leak detector and found that my hypermax cast intake Y is leaking right by the plug through the dimples to the right of the plug.....

6C661506-orig.jpg

do any of the companies that make t4 or t4i kits make a good intake y to replace this one? not looking to get a cfm or afe y......been looking around on the internet but i figured it might be one of those items you have to call about and thought surely someone on here has a line on a good product.....

pontiacross

Reaction score
I would see if hypermax will warrenty it since it looks like a casting flaw. or I'm sure it could be welded easily

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
People that weld for a living will tell you no, cast cannot be welded.

Like Ross said though, I'd get ahold of hypermax.

indyF-350psd

Reaction score

just waiting for tuesday to roll around....naturally i find this at the beginning of a 3 day weekend so i can think about it the whole time....hope hypermax stands behind it....not holding my breath though...

pontiacross

Reaction score

they dont like to do it because it isn't as strong and likes to crack but it can be done and should hold fine on something like that.

samoht517

Reaction score
I've seen cast aluminum welded before. Its not the prettiest weld usually and most people will curse it cause it is so hard to do well. Bad casting like that would be even harder

Misspelled from a Droid

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
just waiting for tuesday to roll around....naturally i find this at the beginning of a 3 day weekend so i can think about it the whole time....hope hypermax stands behind it....not holding my breath though...

Did you buy it from them? I bet they'll help you out.

they dont like to do it because it isn't as strong and likes to crack but it can be done and should hold fine on something like that.

Right, just saying.

If you get an azzhole like my old man he'll hand it back and tell you hell no.

Something about reputation goin down the drain for a piece of cast crap lol.

Arisley

Reaction score
I know it sounds redneck, JB weld and it can be filed n formed into a shape that looks good then painted.
Just my 2 cents.

I was going to say the same thing, but I would get hold of Bob at Dieselsite first. He is a great guy with awesome customer service.

TARM

Reaction score
It seems to be a manf defect I would think Hypermax would stand behind their product. I agree with getting in touch with Dennis as you did buy it thru him. I have had very good experiences with my purchases from Dennis.

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
hypermax is taking care of it! i was skeptical but everytime i call them i always have a pleasant transaction! kudos to hypermax.....:thumbup:

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with my hypermax Y. They took care of it quickly and easily.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've never had any issue with hypermax... I only wish they would redesign there kits with a set of bellows in them...

I modded the stocker, just if anyone runs into this issue.

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
I've never had any issue with hypermax... I only wish they would redesign there kits with a set of bellows in them...

I modded the stocker, just if anyone runs into this issue.

their uppies part of the kit is a joke so i got a mount from carson.....much better design and quality imo....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.