Intercooler repair

mortal798

Reaction score
Anybody fix their intercooler? Mine has two tiny holes in the front, most likely from rock/stone impacts. I am going to clean it, smoke test it to find the exact location of the holes, and attempt to repair it.

Thoughts?

78f100

Reaction score
I have some stuff can't remember the name though that might work. Its like alum brasing rods I can weld aluminum cans together with it, so it should work for you. Maybe someone knows the name of it, I bought it at a car show it wasnt in a box or anything.

09stroker

Reaction score
I had a local radiator shop patch up two
Holes on my radiator so I'm sure they could have done it on the intercooler as well.

mortal798

Reaction score
Cool, thats pretty much what I figured - and I have a whole welding shop at my disposal. I will take a bunch of pics and post them up when its done. I just got a new smoke testing machine for EVAP systems on gas engine cars, it generates its own nitrogen. Seems pretty awesome so far, and this will be a breeze with the machine.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Supply it with regulated air after you fill it with smoke to pressurize it. Our smoke machine does nt generate very much pressure, most don't.

mortal798

Reaction score
Yeah, its only supposed to be .5 PSI. So after I fill it I will put about 10 PSI in with a regulated blow gun. Good idea!

Latest posts

Members online