Interior LEDs won't work due to Dimming feature?

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Well I ordered and installed LEDs for all my map lights, rear dome and courtesy lights from superbrightleds.com. The dome light will not work nor will the courtesy cargo light. The map lights work when you switch them on but will not come on when I open the doors etc. I'm guessing because the auto dim feature this truck has. Does anyone else have this problem, is there any way to disable the dimming/fade in/out feature or am I going to have to chalk this up to a loss and go back to stock?

Thanks, 2014 F350 Platinum

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Make sure they're in the right direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Use for instance the front map lights, they work when I press the buttons meaning they are in the right direction, but they won't work as a dome light when I open the doors etc like the stockers do. Any functions that "fade to off" the LEDs don't work..

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Not sure how it's wired. But could be the Christmas light affect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have no idea but pretty frustrated. Here is the bulbs I got:
Untitled-1_zpsvgz8fjqe.jpg

RazorSVT

Reaction score
After a bunch of diagnosing I found my issue. The rear dome festoon bulb's mount was not perfectly straight causing it to ground out. Since the dome light is tied into the front map lights and the rear cargo lights via the fade to off feature they wouldn't work. I straightened up he mount and now everything works great. If anyone else in the future has this issue hopefully this little thread helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.