Interior seat upgrade

ken6881

Reaction score
I know this is not specifically audio but I couldn't find a better place to put it if an admin feels there is a better place please move it.

Has anyone put front seats in the back of a crew cab 99-10 truck. I'm wanting to put a front seat out of an 08 with a center jump seat/console(because I have it). In the back of my 2000 crew cab. I plan to try it but if I know it's not going to work decent then I will just buy a rear bench with center console to put in the back of my truck.

Another thing I'm going to be stripping the cab down pretty bare would it be worth the extra effort to apply a bed liner to the whole underside and firewall of the cab to help with sound deadening. My cab is currently rust free so I was going to bedline under the rockers anyway.

scparrish

Reaction score
The seat will bolt right up on the passenger side rear. On the driver's side you will be missing the two bolts toward the inside. They fit but you will have to figure out a solution to bolt down the driver's rear seat.

ken6881

Reaction score
That's not the worst thing to come up with if the floor pan was completely different I was going to buy a different seat. I think the front seats in the rear will ride a little better. I plan to get some leather covers from leatherseats.com. To make the interior nicer and match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scparrish

Reaction score
I test fitted some front seats in the rear and really liked how they turned out. I never found a matching set of seats so I never got to really make the swap.

ken6881

Reaction score
Good deal. I want a bench/ center in the back to get me 5 seats plan to find a center console and power buckets for the front once I get them recovered I think they will match up nice.

scparrish

Reaction score
If you can, you can remove the rear seats, unbolt the front seats and slide them back and check the clearance. I never tested a bench seat in the rear.

ken6881

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451425585.840447.jpg
This is the seat I plan to put in the rear of my crew cab. It's out of an extended cab 08 truck.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ford did it from
The factory. Buy the "tray" the seats bolt to. Unbolt the rail setup from the bottom of the seats. Bolt the seats to the tray. Bolt the tray into the truck using the factory nuts and torx bolts.
91acaafdc9a81ad06d73f1534a2572fe.jpg

In my case, an ATRENDS single truck box fits perfect behind the center console. Not sure how an 08 console is going to fit though.
9d1356465e4672b11c2a4f623a3c6f3d.jpg

ken6881

Reaction score
Hmmm I might just build some storage boxes to mount to the floor then mount the seats to them. I would like to have some more storage inside this truck than my current extended cab.

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
I put front seats in the rear of my 2014. On the driver side where the two bolt are missing... The bungs are already on the bottom side of body. I drilled through them both and tapped them the same thread pitch as stock bolts. Now both sides are bolted down like factory.