Interior Swap XL to Lariat / Platinum

Kxc

Reaction score
Tried searching for some info and couldn't find anything. Looking for some insight to what's involved in changing mainly the gauge cluster and touch screen sync system. Maybe a flow through center console and seats.

What's the best way to procure parts ? A dealer or a wrecked truck for reasonable price ?

Just trying to see if it's even worth it.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Quite a few discussions on FB about it. Gonna be very expensive and quite the labor involved. Most recommended just buying a new truck lol

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Kxc

Reaction score
Figured that was gonna be the case. I have way to much into this truck I'll be keeping it for years and years. I just hate the blue tooth connectivity. I have 2 super dutys a 250 daily and 450 work truck, both 2015 XL trim. The sync behaves completely different in both as far as connecting automatically and displaying song titles. Even tried resetting the system and the phone. No luck.

sootie

Reaction score
It's a ton of work and would be easier with a donor truck. Needs programming changes, wiring harness differences etc

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Cluster swap is cake. All you need is a cluster that has exhausr brake if you have a 15+. Then get the new button on the left to control the up and down functiin of the cluster.

Kxc

Reaction score
Nice. Any recommendations on where to pick up the digital cluster ?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I got mine on ebay from seller lkqonline. It was 170 shipped and had .9 miles. You read that right .9 miles.

Kxc

Reaction score
That's awesome. Does it have its own odometer or does it read the pcm via CAN ?

Kxc

Reaction score
I got mine on ebay from seller lkqonline. It was 170 shipped and had .9 miles. You read that right .9 miles.

Does the cluster bolt right into an XL '15 from an 11-16 ? Or do I need to find a 11-12 because they dash shape changed ?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
You have to get the odometer reprogrammed by someone. I went through circuit board medics. Cost 100 bucks. I have a 15 xl i installed a 16 lariat cluster. I think all cluster are dimensionally the same. However if you want the EB to work you must use either a 15 or 16 cluster.

Kxc

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the input. So the EB button on the lower dash doesn't work anymore with the new cluster ?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
No it works fine on my swap. I know of someone that had a 15 and swapped in a 14 cluster and it doesnt have the EB symbol and his EB doesnt work anymore.

Latest posts

Members online