Interior

bakerc167

Reaction score
Looking to do some work on my interior, anyone ever do like an 08 interior? is it possibly?

01platinum

Reaction score
When my truck gets done I will post up before and after pics of the interior on my truck. :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Agjake11

Reaction score
What all is involved in this out of curiosity?
Any write ups I can read?

it sounds more complicated than it actually was. its basically 100% bolt in. i got 06 lariat dash pulled from a wreck (all plastics) and the ac ducts. you can swap the metal frame but i didnt. the only thing im missing off the metal frame is the supports that the radio bolts go into. i have the plastics but not the metal.

the removal was the hardest part for me since there are 2 dash bolts that go in from the firewall side and then the a/c duct bolts are the same way but easier to access.

74776b8d.jpg

i did get the airbag but the old one would have fit and you need the new switch plates. the older 4x4 switch worked in the new plate with a plastic tab filed off so i didnt have to cut my wires and same with parking sensor switch. the window switch plugged right in and i had to extend the pedal switch since its moved to the other side of the steering wheel. headlight switch plugged right in also. i had to file some tabs off the ac and back of the radio surround (woodgrain piece) to make the ac bolt to the face since the old style it mounts to the main dash frame.

01platinum

Reaction score
That is really nice. Might have to look into this for a next winter project. Wonder what it would take to set a 08 panel in. :D

Agjake11

Reaction score
it really gives it a different look imo. ive tought about the 08 but the problem i think your gonna run into is the gauge cluster shape on the 08

17BLKplat

Reaction score
08 dash swap would be pretty time consuming, but could most likely be done.
Fuse panels are in opposite spots, AC ducts are pretty different, the instrument clusters are different, so is the whole HVAC control system.
Only way to really do it would be in an XLT dash with the manual HVAC and some rewiring, or wire lengthening of your stock/current switches. You'll probably have to buy all the 08+ switches and pop in your rocker switches into them.
I looked deeply into this with my 06, it would take some time, but could be done. Getting over to the cluster and making that fit would probably be the hardest part considering the opening shapes are practically 100% different from the 07 and older trucks.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.