Intermediate VGT issue

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So I keep getting a codes for P179A CAN ECM/ Turbocharger Boost Control A Actuator Circuit Malfunction and a P2263 Turbo / Supercharge Boost System Performance. Heres the thing I can't figure out is it intermediate, like I am towing down the road at 60-70 and you can hear the veins open and I loose all boost and EGT's go up then it goes back to normal and at idle you can hear it cycle. If it was just dead I would throw a VGT actuator motor in it and call it a day but I am a little stumped on this one. Any help would be great.

sootie

Reaction score
thats the 2263 code.

just spend the 60.00 and throw a new tube and sensor in. Ford had a run of crap sensors-im on my fourth.

eventually the pcm will tell the vanes to stay open all the time and your truck will be a dog and egts will be high. loud rumble at idle just like your vgt in unplugged.

if you can monitor your ebp, see if it is acting unusual or erratic.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Swapped in a known good EBP sensor and cleaned the tube and still does it. This happened after I lost an alternator going down the road and had to limp it with low voltage a little ways, think that could have fried something?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Also check the wiring in the pigtail for the EBP sensor. Mine was doing the same thing and ended up being the wiring inside the plug was not making a good connection.

L129

Reaction score
Replaced my sensor and tube. Still have 2263 and 132b codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk