intermittent radio and window operation

psdguy95

Reaction score
Every so often when i key on or start the truck my radio and windows won't work for about 30 seconds. Then all of a sudden they power up. Its so intermittent Its alnkst impossible to chase down. Has anyone else had this issue before?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I do. I think it's going to be a GEM issue. Alot of guys contribute it to if you windshield leaks during heavy rain, which mine does, that it's affecting the GEM module. Sometimes it takes several minutes for mine to power up.

psdguy95

Reaction score
It did rain yesterday I believe. I felt the carpet and it wasn't wet. It doesn't have to rain for it to do it. I've had it happen when it was dry for a month. I had a feeling it was gen related but wasn't sure if the windows and radio were powered by it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
yea it doesnt have to rain for mine to act up either. but it seems the 2 coincide. But Like you said it happens out of nowhere and not very often.

pilot4life

Reaction score
Mine does and is an 02 and I just wait it out. Let me know of you find anything.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Where is your gen located? Ill have to check mine. The truck has been sitting for the last 2 or 3 days and it rained good last night. I'll see if it acts up tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online