Intermittent Random power loss

trugertha

Reaction score
So I've been haunted by what I think is an electrical issue for a while now. Some times I get into the truck and it has a ton of power and works like a champ. Other times not so much. Other times it feels like it's not getting fuel but rolls a ton of coal. Makes good boost and I can't find any boost leaks. Thought it was my connections going to my *** (lost my dielectric grease and bags) cleaned those and ran great for days, but not this morning. Ton of coal again and no power. I'm at a loss hoping someone can help me out. Could it be a sensor I'm having issues with? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDP

Reaction score
I had the same thing happening. Had two shops tell me they figured it was a bad tune. It would still boost up, and made power, but at random times it would lose power and smoke really bad. The two shops said I had removed everything that would cause this issue. I called H&S Motor Sports because I was looking into a new turbo, and as a side note asked Dallas what he thought it could be. He said it was my turbo. I only had 28 thousand miles on the truck. Just got my motor back from them, after doing a build, and the old turbo was toast.

trugertha

Reaction score
Nothing out of the ordinary on the gauges. damn pdp that's exactly what my trucks doing. Every time I clean out my *** wires it goes away. Hoping Midwest would have their t4 kits out by now.

PDP

Reaction score
Check out H&S Motor Sports turbo kits, they are sweet!!!

torque beast

Reaction score
Had that happen before but only happened when it was hot. Pulled some timing out and power came back. May not be your issue but something you might double check.

trugertha

Reaction score
Thanks torque beast I'll check that out!

Reaction score
I've seen intermittent wastegate solenoid issues on the 11-14 trucks. Sometimes they stick open, sometimes they stick closed. You can buy the solenoid for around $350 but most guys opt to replace the turbo instead of putting money back into a problematic turbo.

trugertha

Reaction score
I've seen intermittent wastegate solenoid issues on the 11-14 trucks. Sometimes they stick open, sometimes they stick closed. You can buy the solenoid for around $350 but most guys opt to replace the turbo instead of putting money back into a problematic turbo.

Thanks I'll look into that but I think it's time for a turbo.

trugertha

Reaction score
So I dissconnected the solenoid from the actuator and there was no change in performance. Still lots of boost and lots of smoke. That would determine that the solenoid is no good correct? You'll have to forgive me if I way out on left field here, pretty new to all of This.

trugertha

Reaction score
I had sometime yesterday to screw around with the truck. Took the vacuum solenoid off and blew it out with my mouth. Took the vacuum line to the actuator and blew down it. Could feel something move. Anyways truck runs like a raped ape again haha. See how long it lasts I guess.

Latest posts

Members online