International DT 365 EGR ******?

bigfords

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone EGR ****** a DT 365 in an International truck? My concern is tuning more than anything.
Anyone know if the CEL will stay off if I leave the EGR valve in place and ****** the cooler?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Going to sub in cause I have one at my shop right now that needs the same thing.

bigfords

Reaction score
Let me know if you find anything....going to stud and ****** it if possible. Not sure about CEL though.
It seems like some of the 6.0s I can leave EGR valve plugged in and no CEL, then the newer ones must be calibrated to actually see that there is no EGR flow and set the code. 06 I believe is when they changed it?
No idea on IH....

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I've had to re install egr on one that wouldn't run right and CEL on at all times.another shop ******d it and shipped it. IH is pretty dumb when it comes to tuning, but somehow no one could find a way around this one.

bigfords

Reaction score
I've had to re install egr on one that wouldn't run right and CEL on at all times.another shop ******d it and shipped it. IH is pretty dumb when it comes to tuning, but somehow no one could find a way around this one.
Do you remember what year it was?
Did you have to put entire cooler back on or just EGR valve?

bigfords

Reaction score
Oh and I guess these things are VT not DT now lol

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I know with the super dutys if its a 49 state truck, no programming is needed, but if its a 50 state or california emissions level programming needs to be done. Are you able to get something in there to block it off? Or try unplugging the.maf maybe. Ive had a couple of trucks not throw a light for unplugged maf. My understanding of the factory tuning is the maf is for iat1 and egr flow only, it isnt really needed for fueling calculations.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Do you remember what year it was?
Did you have to put entire cooler back on or just EGR valve?

It was a later mod since it used the IH egr valve. I put entire system back in

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
On my '07 I ******d the cooler, but left the EGR valve in and plugged in. It still throws the CEL on periodically. I just undo the batteries and it turns off for quite a while. Just ordered a tuner as well to keep it off.

co04cobra

Reaction score
On my '07 I ******d the cooler, but left the EGR valve in and plugged in. It still throws the CEL on periodically. I just undo the batteries and it turns off for quite a while. Just ordered a tuner as well to keep it off.

International's tuning is completely different then anything Ford does.

Completely stupid also....

What brand or who's tuning? I would really like to ****** this truck I have in now.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Dieselspec out of canadia is who I've found does tuning for internationals. Stupid expensive though. They want $3,500 to tune my service truck, and you have to send them the ecm.

bigfords

Reaction score
International's tuning is completely different then anything Ford does.

Completely stupid also....

What brand or who's tuning? I would really like to ****** this truck I have in now.

Just for information purposes, I ******d the egr cooler and left the valve in, plugged in on this 05 VT365. So far so good!

co04cobra

Reaction score
Just for information purposes, I ******d the egr cooler and left the valve in, plugged in on this 05 VT365. So far so good!

Keep us posted on that the more miles you get on it. I haven't put this other engine back on yet would really like to do it.

ghohouston

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online