International transmissions

bruce

Reaction score
Hell sell the truck and buy one with a bad auto and throw a bts in it. The bts plus pcs would add up quickly. Plus you need a core

fordornothing

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I thought the OBS's were a little better. except one- two. I don't want to sell this one, so I'm going to swap something in. What about swapping in a 5R100?

bruce

Reaction score
As Charles would say, if you can't tow with a 4r you don't have a tranny problem, you have a power problem.

fordornothing

Reaction score
Having a row boat in town sucks, but I prefer it for towing. As long as the 4R100 has better shift points than the E4OD, I might go that route

rascal

Reaction score
A 6spd Allison would be bad@ss! Destroked sells an adapter plate for it to mate to the 7.3. I am sure a lot of people will say just to go with a BTS 4R100 and be done with it but an Allison conversion would be just plain cool.

I thought a floor shifter in place of the manual shifter would be awesome as well!

Good luck!

rascal

Reaction score
Probably because you would want to get a built Allison and if you don't have a core there is a 1K more. A PPE Stage 5 Allison without a core is like 4995 I believe. Then you would have to get a stand alone controller and I don't know how much that would be but I think DeStroked sells that as well.

Again I am not really thinking practically; just that it would be cool!

fordornothing

Reaction score
Either way, if I go with a auto I will need a PCS. I will do all the work myself so I wont have to pay the labor cost. I'm just figuring $4,000- $7,000.

Latest posts

Members online