Irate fuel system wiring instructions

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got my irate system installed but having trouble visualizing the wiring side of things. The directions don't help. Can anybody offer up some help? I can turn a wrench but wiring isn't my thing. I've got my new pump grounded but don't know how to add the new relay and make it work with the old relay so I don't have a cel all the time. Can I just use the power from the factory relay to power the new one? Do I just tap a 12v switched source and run power from battery to relay and relay to the pump sidestepping the factory relay all together? Then what do I do with the factory power and negative wires from the factory pump?

Thanks in advance.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Check engine light? I don't think you should have one regardless.

The only thing you will use the factory pump power for is to activate the relay, so cut the factory line and splice on it. This will be your "key on" source. Run the other red and the other black to the battery. I believe the yellow is for key on if I remember right and the remaining red is your pump power.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Check engine light? I don't think you should have one regardless.

The only thing you will use the factory pump power for is to activate the relay, so cut the factory line and splice on it. This will be your "key on" source. Run the other red and the other black to the battery. I believe the yellow is for key on if I remember right and the remaining red is your pump power.

Thanks for your help. It is the yellow wire for the key on source. I will go ahead and use the factory positive for that. Then run the power from battery, ground and power to pump. Do I just cut out the factory negative at the factory relay? And does the 30amp breaker go between the new relay and the pump?

Arisley

Reaction score
It goes between the new relay and battery power.

pump 001.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online