Irate Intake plenums

BB540C2

Reaction score
Does the front cover have to be removed to get them installed?

What about Riffraffs plenums, do you have to remove the front cover with them also?

I have my Excursion in a shop right now and they're saying that it needs to be removed to install the Irate plenums.

Thanks for any help guy's.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id go get that truck out of that shop!! They are trying to justify removing that cover for some reason.

There is ZERO correlation between intake plenums and the front cover. None.

ghohouston

Reaction score
at the front of the plenums, or at least one, dont remember for sure, there are 1 or 2 13mm bolts that must stay in the head(s). you just loosen it a bit, and work the plenum back out from what i remember.

and please let us know what shop in texas is telling you this, so everyone knows not to go there.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
One of the threaded holes that the HPOP Rez bolts to can interfere with the plenum bolts. I just cut some the casting off the clear the blot.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I always remove the rear axle when i change my headlights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB540C2

Reaction score
So I looked at the installation instructions of the billet plenums from Riffraf and it says you need to cut the front bolt head off at the hpop reservoir. Is this the correct way to you that have done it? So do the stock plenums not have a notch cut in them to slide the plenum out?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Any other work you are having done while your truck is in the shop?
I've seen shops make up an excuse to pull the front cover after say, dropping the HPOP gear nut...

1badpsd

Reaction score
To install the riff raff plenums you have to cut the bolt on passenger side head closest to hpop resavoir. to my knowledge this isnt necessary with any other plenums available, I know this is not the case with irate plenums you just have to loosen the bolt and it slides under. If I were you id be getting my truck out of that shop cause like others have said they either dont know what they are doing or have done something wrong and need to remove front cover to fix it and are trying to find a way to get you to foot the bill

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
at the front of the plenums, or at least one, dont remember for sure, there are 1 or 2 13mm bolts that must stay in the head(s). you just loosen it a bit, and work the plenum back out from what i remember.

and please let us know what shop in texas is telling you this, so everyone knows not to go there.

Run away from that shop...
what they said!!

thats just ***ed up... what was the reason they wanted to pull the cront cover?

live life full throttle

BB540C2

Reaction score
I guess it was just a misunderstanding between the mechanic and the office guy that called me who knows nothing about being a mechanic :shrug: