Irate T4 mount

Baker42

Reaction score
Dave @ Swamps kinda had me sold on some 200/30's but idk. I live at 5638'. Leaning toward the s369. 69/74/.91ar

Swaan

Reaction score
You should really decide on injector choice first before picking a windmill.

Baker42

Reaction score
I don't know the elevation in Georgia or the grades. But in NM base elevation in the central part of the state is around 6000' mostly mountain grades 4-7%. I think @ 10000 lbs that sounds pretty good tho. What hp do you make?

psduser1

Reaction score
200% nozzles and a 1.10 AR S467.7 is a towing beast up to 4k' with anything you hook the truck too....above 4k'....I'd want either a slightly tighter turbine housing (1.00 or .90) with S467.7, or a smaller turbo like that 64.5.

200% nozzles will demand less of your HPOP system than 100%'ers for the same power level too....

About the only compromise you'd make from 100% to 200% is idle resolution, and cold start/weather start up & idle haze.

My 2 cents for free. There's lots of experience on here, that might state otherwise...So...

Best bet is to be sure your injector builder & tuner are all in love with your inj/turbo combo & intended use of the truck.

Or better yet...find a local forum member that has a combo close to what you're after...put a $20 bill in his tank, & ask for a spin. Be the best $20 you spend on your build.

This^
The trouble with big a-codes is fact that require more oil/hp than a 238 ish hybrid.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I don't know the elevation in Georgia or the grades. But in NM base elevation in the central part of the state is around 6000' mostly mountain grades 4-7%. I think @ 10000 lbs that sounds pretty good tho. What hp do you make?

I make between 400-450 depending on the tune. I always tow in the higher HP tow tune. I travel all over the SE towing my work trailer. So I've pulled quite a few grades at decent elevations in the Ozarks and Appalacians. And EGT's are never an issue. I've pulled 6% grades on the interstate at 70 mph in overdrive and never break 1150* and typically stay between 1000-1100. Each truck is different I guess, but this set up works on mine without a doubt!
Tires are 265/65/20's with 3.73 gears

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
This^
The trouble with big a-codes is fact that require more oil/hp than a 238 ish hybrid.

Why does everyone still go around thinking large A codes require an unattainable amount of hpo? We are the only ones I beleive even offering a larger A code at this time. A 225 A code requires no more HPO than a 300cc injector. How many 300's are out there running, idk but we have personally sold ALOT. Our larger A code is by far faster than any other injector we offer in our line up. It's a niche market and never had any complaints except "that's more fuel than I relized". Out of just a 225cc injector too.

psduser1

Reaction score
Why does everyone still go around thinking large A codes require an unattainable amount of hpo? We are the only ones I beleive even offering a larger A code at this time. A 225 A code requires no more HPO than a 300cc injector. How many 300's are out there running, idk but we have personally sold ALOT. Our larger A code is by far faster than any other injector we offer in our line up. It's a niche market and never had any complaints except "that's more fuel than I relized". Out of just a 225cc injector too.

I've never ran your injectors, Tim, maybe they are more efficient than other builders in the a-codes? I do plan to find out.
I was always told by guys that have been doing this for quite a while, that in order to run a-codes to their full potential, i.e. low smoke, quick response, etc, that more hpo was recommended, not necessarily required.
I went that route, and have been very happy with the results. And yes I have run my setup on a worn 17*, when I had to. It worked, but the difference was immediate and obvious!
Unattainable wasn't really what I said earlier, lol.

riverboy460

Reaction score
I have a e99 7.3 I did fullforce stage 1.5 180/30 injectors along with the irate t4 s366 kit. Just the stock 366 just had them coat the up pipes and turbo exhaust houising. Pulling my 26.5rkg hitchhiker 2 trailer from Washington state to my hometown in Huntington Beach CA. Going Through All THE Passes THE Highest I saw egt wise was 1300 I would back off the throttle and go again but the egts always climb. They are not small passes u have all orgeon grants pass,mount Shasta etc. Not sure what I should do next just expect higher egts with a bigger set up. I also installed it myself honestly it wasn't too hard but I did fight the turbo drain tube cause I didn't know u need to take the tub apart to install or at least loosen the 6 to 8 bolts that aloof the housing to spin to where u need it. And I also dropped the center plug down unto the engine tried the screw in it etc and it still managed to slip inside. So I had to pull my engine to remove it from oil pan. I was pissed but had a oil pan bolt stripped anyhow so I just replaced my oil pan at same time. Just be careful removing that.

Baker42

Reaction score
I have a e99 7.3 I did fullforce stage 1.5 180/30 injectors along with the irate t4 s366 kit. Just the stock 366 just had them coat the up pipes and turbo exhaust houising. Pulling my 26.5rkg hitchhiker 2 trailer from Washington state to my hometown in Huntington Beach CA. Going Through All THE Passes THE Highest I saw egt wise was 1300 I would back off the throttle and go again but the egts always climb. They are not small passes u have all orgeon grants pass,mount Shasta etc. Not sure what I should do next just expect higher egts with a bigger set up. I also installed it myself honestly it wasn't too hard but I did fight the turbo drain tube cause I didn't know u need to take the tub apart to install or at least loosen the 6 to 8 bolts that aloof the housing to spin to where u need it. And I also dropped the center plug down unto the engine tried the screw in it etc and it still managed to slip inside. So I had to pull my engine to remove it from oil pan. I was pissed but had a oil pan bolt stripped anyhow so I just replaced my oil pan at same time. Just be careful removing that.
Thanks for the input. I dont like the fact that the instructions (not OBS friendly) says to drill into the freeze plug. And BTW, N.M. is in the Rockies. Base elevation of 5500' all the way to 13,000 (Truchas peak). The way the rest of the nation thinks about us "NEW Mexicans" is crazy. When I lived in Virginia and told my friends "I'm going back to New Mexico". They asked me if the water was safe to drink. LOL. That being said, windmills have a hard job here. I just ordered the LMC rubber radiator core support bushings and hard ware (changing out the core support as this truck is a victim of the F250/Dana50 rad crack. 60 is next on the list. No fan of poly for cab mounts) and Riff Raff diesel billet plenum inserts. The drilling of the freeze plug makes me the most nervous about the whole deal. Come south, we have the biggest bull elk on the planet. New B&C mule dear record of this year also.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...-004&fr2=piv-web&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla

Swaan

Reaction score

When I had my s366 my egts would climb like yours .
Put a 364.5 on and you won't have to look at your qauge again.
It'll top out at about 1200 and that's about it..