Irates full fuel system

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
what do you mean dead head?

The fuel is regulated before it enters the fuel rails in the heads. If any air enters the heads the only place for it to go is through the injectors. In a regulated return the fuel enters the back of the heads then out the front and into the regulator.

Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
what do you mean dead head?

The fuel rail feeds from one side and does not have a return. If any air gets in.... it has to go through the injectors. This causes excess noise/damage to the injectors, and typically the injectors at the end (specifically #8) get a little starved for fuel.

ToMang07

Reaction score
232323232%7Ffp635%3C8%3Enu%3D5%3B39%3E493%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3437343959344nu0mrj

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The fuel is regulated before it enters the fuel rails in the heads. If any air enters the heads the only place for it to go is through the injectors. In a regulated return the fuel enters the back of the heads then out the front and into the regulator.

I believe you are incorrect. The fuel is regulated after leaving the heads. Hence "regulated return"

You fuel line comes from the tank and feeds the rear of the heads and comes foward to the regulator and back to the tank. The regulator causes a "restriction" which causes pressure. Adjusted at your will.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I believe you are incorrect. The fuel is regulated after leaving the heads. Hence "regulated return"

You fuel line comes from the tank and feeds the rear of the heads and comes foward to the regulator and back to the tank. The regulator causes a "restriction" which causes pressure. Adjusted at your will.

I was talking about the stock system....

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
How much of a pain is it to do put it on?

Honestly the hardest part of the entire thing will be the fittings on the front of the head. You need to pull the turbo and loosen the accessory bracket on drivers side to make all 4 fittings much easier. Once those are done the rest is a piece of cake. Just give yourself a full day to do it slowly and correctly!

smokedout250

Reaction score
Honestly the hardest part of the entire thing will be the fittings on the front of the head. You need to pull the turbo and loosen the accessory bracket on drivers side to make all 4 fittings much easier. Once those are done the rest is a piece of cake. Just give yourself a full day to do it slowly and correctly!

Unless you do what I did and swap in a t4 mount lol makes those back fittings reall easy!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online